Alta 2017 MX - not charging…no codes, just Vehicle Type Unknown

Ernie1212

Hi everyone. I got the bike with 5 miles new from someone that had it in storage since 2017. Day 1, bike charged and ran well. The following day, battery was empty and the screen showed a message of Vehicle Type Unknown. I have tried charging the bike multiple times with no success. Charger blinks green for standby and then red for charging and repeats the cycle back and forth. The screen never indicates that the charger is attached. I already checked the 9 V battery and it has a charge. Any suggestions?

B813D08D-0DD3-41C0-AF2D-69888AB03712.jpeg

Rashid510

Forum's Sponsor
Hi everyone. I got the bike with 5 miles new from someone that had it in storage since 2017. Day 1, bike charged and ran well. The following day, battery was empty and the screen showed a message of Vehicle Type Unknown. I have tried charging the bike multiple times with no success. Charger blinks green for standby and then red for charging and repeats the cycle back and forth. The screen never indicates that the charger is attached. I already checked the 9 V battery and it has a charge. Any suggestions?

View attachment 8617
Looks like it forgot its vehicle type...might need to plug it into Multitool and update one of the modules on the bike.

Reactions: #76