For Sale 2018 EX Brand New $10,500 obo 10 miles

ddd

I live in Southern Utah (Hurricane) 1 1/2 hours north of Las Vegas. Has MXR battery. Call or Text 435-680-5568
This is the cheapest Alta I have seen anywhere new! Take off the Lights, Mirrors, and stiffen the suspension and you basically have the MXR.

alta 1.jpg

alta2.jpg

ddd

It is the same battery as the 5.8 KW MXR. The MX has a smaller battery and less power,

ddd

If you take the lights off the 5.8 EX and stiffen the suspension you have the MXR. Other than the MXR has a 19 inch rear tire and the EX has and 18 inch rear tire. IF you are interested, the best way to contact me is to call or text. 435-680-5568

standbyu

I have been told the A pack is more dependable. Watched a couple vids of side by side drag races between A pack and R pack.....dead heats. You have a couple nice bikes for sale also by the way.

Blatant Moto

I have been told the A pack is more dependable. Watched a couple vids of side by side drag races between A pack and R pack.....dead heats. You have a couple nice bikes for sale also by the way.
In regards to the battery connections, the R pack had issues in the lower serial numbers but was sorted out. IMO It’s main advantage is being able to draw more from each cell for longer side stepping a lot of the thermal issues the A pack had during rigorous riding. For a rider of my skill level, I would honestly only notice the difference on the freeway while going flat out. R pack bikes stayed at top speed for longer before being thermally limited.
I wasn’t really making commentary on which is better. Both are great. I was simply making sure anyone reading this ad knew the seller was likely uninformed and not representing the bike properly.

Unless they found some A pack badges to put on an R pack and then put in an A pack bike… Which seems like the less likely scenario here.

standbyu

In regards to the battery connections, the R pack had issues in the lower serial numbers but was sorted out. IMO It’s main advantage is being able to draw more from each cell for longer side stepping a lot of the thermal issues the A pack had during rigorous riding. For a rider of my skill level, I would honestly only notice the difference on the freeway while going flat out. R pack bikes stayed at top speed for longer before being thermally limited.
I wasn’t really making commentary on which is better. Both are great. I was simply making sure anyone reading this ad knew the seller was likely uninformed and not representing the bike properly.

Unless they found some A pack badges to put on an R pack and then put in an A pack bike… Which seems like the less likely scenario here.
Do you know the beginning serial number the issues were resolved. I assume anything produced and sold as a 2019 as far as R pack are good?

standbyu

Thanks for all the info and comments. I made a mistake and was not educated on the difference between the 2 batteries. You guys have been really great to educate without calling me an idiot(y).
Am relatively new on the group too and I have to tell you this resource is a necessity for an Alta owner. Most of the guys on here are respectful and helpful.

bigbearguy

Do you know the beginning serial number the issues were resolved. I assume anything produced and sold as a 2019 as far as R pack are good?
According to Ultimate Motorcycling, the recall is in effect for certain 2018/2019 Redshift MXRs with VIN range 56PARAEM_KB000367 – 56PARAEM_KB000488 and 2019 Redshift EXRs with VIN range EXR 2019: 56PARAFM_KB000099 – 56PARAFM_KB000191.

leeo45

Geezer in denial
According to Ultimate Motorcycling, the recall is in effect for certain 2018/2019 Redshift MXRs with VIN range 56PARAEM_KB000367 – 56PARAEM_KB000488 and 2019 Redshift EXRs with VIN range EXR 2019: 56PARAFM_KB000099 – 56PARAFM_KB000191.

That recall on the throttle firmware is a completely different issue than the battery pack wirebond failure. The throttle issue was completely resolved by the software update.

I don't think we have ever seen a definitive answer based on VIN about the manufacturing correction to the battery issue. I believe there were some comments from knowledgeable people that it wouldn't be based on VIN, rather battery serial numbers. That said, we have documented Code 35/36 errors on MXRs up through VIN 464; and only one possible Code 35/36 on any EXR.

Top Bottom