Gone 2018 Redshift MXR in CT - 32 hrs / 470 miles

jaylude

I have a 2018 Redshift MXR for sale. Located in CT. Bike has 32 hours / 470 miles on it currently (may very slightly change) and is in great shape - no issues or codes.

I purchased it with 25 hours / 370 miles. The previous owner was the original owner, and bought the bike from a dealer. The previous owner had used it for motocross riding as a backup/fun spare bike to his main race bike. He was mechanically inclined but understandably was worried about trying to service the electronics on the bike, especially without a dealer. After hemming and hawing for a while he finally decided to sell it, which is when I bought it from him.

The original battery pack from this bike was replaced early in its life under warranty by the previous owner after a code 36. The entire pack was replaced by Alta/the dealer when Alta was still solvent. Before I bought it, I had the battery checked out by a local Alta forum member who had a working version of the Alta multitool factory diagnostic software. We fully charged up the bike, checked the state of charge of each of the battery pack cells at full charge, then partially discharged the battery by riding it around for a while and re-checked the cells. All were spot-on without any significant variance - essentially a clean bill of battery health. We also verified that no codes were present and that the bike had the latest version of the Alta firmware on it.

Bike has been flawless in the time I owned it and is truly unique, and crazy fast/fun. I was so psyched to actually find one local-ish...never thought I'd get the chance to own one. But I have multiple other bikes and never fully intended to keep it forever. I am definitely sold on electric dirtbikes though - this thing is the real deal.

I bought and installed a skid plate and kickstand on it. Otherwise it's stock. Has good tires and is read to ride. I think the only other thing I did in my time of ownership was replace a slowly leaking front tube. Also comes with the rapid charger and 110V adapter, air fork pump and some other factory paperwork.

Full disclosure, I paid $11K for the bike. I spent $200 for the kickstand and skid plate. I also spent a bit of money compensating the Alta forum member for his time/equipment performing the battery check-out. It's yours for the same $11K without the kickstand/skid plate, or $11,150 with those items (I present that option as I know some MX guys don't run kickstands or skid plates).

PM me for more info.

20211002_112500.jpg20211002_112515.jpg20211002_112756.jpg20211002_112806.jpg20211002_112802.jpg20211002_112829.jpg

jaylude

Yes, thanks again to OneLapper for his time and input.

I know he's said this before, and I will parrot it - you really are going out on a ledge without a rope if you haven't had the pack inspected before purchase of an Alta. This bike has had the pack very recently inspected, which removes one of the major concerns with purchase.

Top Bottom