2022 edition of 24 hours of Starvation Ridge October 29 & 30

bluefxstc

Who is interested in participating in the 2022, 24 Hours of Starvation Ridge? We had Alta teams in 2019 & 2020. We skipped 2021 because we didn't get our act together soon enough. It is a great race to do as a team. The first year we had a team of 6, but in the second year we only had 3. We can have up to 6 riders on a team but we did ok with 3. Basically it is about a 15-17 mile course through farmers fields, canyons surrounding the fields, and a couple of buildings for good measure. You can find the posts and picture's on our previous races here and here. It is a great event and a good opportunity to hang out with other electric riders. It would be awesome to have some other electric bikes here also. Everyone is welcome. For those coming from the east, you are welcome to spend a night here in Boise on your way. I have plenty of room to park motovans or campers. Here is a video clips from last years race or you can search YouTube for more.

@Redwolf @Jared @F451 @Silent But Dirty @revoltlution @C5tor @privateer703 @Rashid510 @Butch @Bionicman @Rix @Smerwin43 @73Thing @ElectroBraap @Speedkills @p0wn

bluefxstc

Gas is getting cheaper! ;)

What are the deadlines?
Pre-entry deadline is 9/15 if you want the tee shirt, 10-1 without the tee shirt and the price for a team is $400. After 10-1 the price is $500 for a team. If I remember correctly there is also a $10-$20 dollar entry fee into the pits. There is no additional fee for camping.

@Philip we would love to have you at the event, come on out west. Maybe we can get some of the CA riders to come up north for a little racing and have more than one electric team. We could have the fast, faster and fastest electric team. :ricky:

Philip

Administrator
Staff member
@Philip we would love to have you at the event, come on out west.
Thank you, Gary! I just came up with a crazy plan that might actually work. I could swing by Starvation Ridge "on my way" to Arizona. It will only be a 1,100-mile detour then instead of a 4,500 mile round trip. The timing is very tight though because I will be away most of September. And there are additional unknowns this year. But please put me on your list!

bluefxstc

The actual address for the pits is 1140 Niva Rd, Centerville, WA 98613. If you put that in google maps it will show a little south of the pits. The pits are up by the pond and if you look at the satellite view you can see an outline of the camping/pit area up by Niva RD

1632769412710.png

bluefxstc

I would like to be part of this, and I’ll ask the teenager if he is game when he gets out of school today. So long as you three are all ok with him on ice bike again (still not tall enough to safely ride an Alta).
Awesome, I did put you on the entry form hopping you would be able, but I didn't add your son. I can. PM me his name and tee shirt size. Not sure we can get him a shirt, but I will try.

That is 5 for the race. We have room for 1 more. Anyone else game?

bluefxstc

I received this from the Over The Bars Gang, the race promoter. I told them the space was fine. See everyone when they get there, or earlier if you are passing through Boise. :ricky:

"Hey Gary,

Good to have you guys back!

I gave you your old team number 173C and put you in pit 63, Where you were in 2020. Let me know if you want to be somewhere else. Thanks for the shirt sizes.

This year we are using our Alien transponder in a wristband for scoring. The cost is $5.00. They are yours to keep. They are good at any OTBG event and I can reburn the information if you change classes.

Thanks,

Debbie"

C5tor

Chief Comedic Instigator
Gas is getting cheaper! ;)
Gas prices sure aren’t getting any cheaper here in Cali! Over $7/gal here in NorCal. Went up $1.50 in the last 2 weeks! Frickin’ crazy. We have 4 refineries in the state down for maintenance now, so even though oil prices are way down and oil supplies are way up, gasoline availability is down. 😢

If only there were some kind of “alternative” to this gasoline fuel thing, something cheaper and more environmentally friendly like… I don’t know, I got nothing.

Jared

I received this from the Over The Bars Gang, the race promoter. I told them the space was fine. See everyone when they get there, or earlier if you are passing through Boise. :ricky:

"Hey Gary,

Good to have you guys back!

I gave you your old team number 173C and put you in pit 63, Where you were in 2020. Let me know if you want to be somewhere else. Thanks for the shirt sizes.

This year we are using our Alien transponder in a wristband for scoring. The cost is $5.00. They are yours to keep. They are good at any OTBG event and I can reburn the information if you change classes.

Thanks,

Debbie"
Silas and I will try to find our wristbands from the last race we participated in at Starvation Ridge.

Philip

Administrator
Staff member
Hey guys. It's quiet here. How prepared (unprepared) is everybody? What about generators/numbers/etc.?

This is the week that I am supposed to be packing the van and installing the lighting on the bike. But I am a few days behind schedule. Just fixed a cylinder 2 misfire on the van and this weekend I am hoping to install a better interior heater before all the winter travels.

How is the race course? Are there many trees/bushes that would require wraparound handguards? I have them on one of the bikes, but I was planning to use the other bike for this race that has simple OEM Husky plastic handguards.

Redwolf

My dog thinks I'm cool
You have questions, I have answers.
We usually have more generator capacity than required. My eu7000 is typically enough to keep everyone charged, it can run 1 R charger and 1 A charger at full power.
Numbers are supplied by the race organization, hand written on large yellow sticker paper. If you want more custom look, our team number is 173c feel free to use what you want. Numbers are required on both rear side number plates, and above the headlight
As for what the course is like, wraparound guards are not really needed, it's mostly riding through wheat fields, with hills and rocky sections in between. There is one small section of trees near the pond by the pits, we don't always get routed through them, and a house with fairly narrow doors. That's about it for tight sections with a hazard to hands. I still use the stock flag style guards that came on the EXR models without concern.

As far as other preparation, don't forget your lights, it's going to be dark at night, pretty close to the new moon, and absolutely no city lights out there. Weather permitting I am planning to bring my toy hauler this year, so there will be a warm place to gather at night, and a couple extra beds if needed.