6.12.18 Big Announcement? -- 2019 Redshift EXR

Fod

I thought the EXR was supposed to be released during Erzberg?!?!?!

Looks like new front tire, graphics, and seat cover from the photo! Haha

Philip

Administrator
Staff member
I thought the EXR was supposed to be released during Erzberg?!?!?!
Perhaps those plans were scrapped after the performance at Erzberg. Also, Alta did not have any bikes with them to reveal besides the two Ty's bikes. However, if the Erzberg's results were something to brag about, then perhaps yes, the timing would have been very appropriate.

Philip

Administrator
Staff member
Maybe Alta will be announcing their European expansion? There are plans for that, I heard earlier this year. Although I do not know how that would be possible without upsetting the US dealers and customers if there is still a backlog of orders in the US (is there??).

ElectroBraap

Maybe Alta will be announcing their European expansion? There are plans for that, I heard earlier this year. Although I do not know how that would be possible without upsetting the US dealers and customers if there is still a backlog of orders in the US (is there??).

I'm 100% sure they are expanding to Australia at the very least. I follow a guy on Instagram that is taking pre-orders for them there.

-Electro

Oded

Amazing that Israel is the first market outside of the US that Alta have a dealer.

My guess for the announcement is a EXR model.

ecd

I was going to buy an EX tomorrow but now I'm torn about waiting for this. My dealer has 1500 off the EX (Alta is giving 1000 off to all dealers, they said).

ElectroBraap

I was going to buy an EX tomorrow but now I'm torn about waiting for this. My dealer has 1500 off the EX (Alta is giving 1000 off to all dealers, they said).

Depending on your riding style the R model might not change your world. I hardly ever use map 4. Too much power on the trails haha. Then again.... I'd still go for the EXR...

Good luck mate!

-Electro

snydes

Staff member

This close I'd wait to see what the details are on the EXR so you can make the best educated decision, but you might be able to keep a big chuck of change in your pocket and be totally happy with the EX. Check out Philip's dyno test of the MX vs. MXR. Most of us mere mortals will never really benefit from the R features.

Elite Motorsports

This close I'd wait to see what the details are on the EXR so you can make the best educated decision, but you might be able to keep a big chuck of change in your pocket and be totally happy with the EX. Check out Philip's dyno test of the MX vs. MXR. Most of us mere mortals will never really benefit from the R features.

Bang for the buck...The 2018 EX is a really great deal! At $1,500 off (with a charger included) the EX really is the best way to get into an Alta at a great price. Personally, the 2017/18 pack is more than adequate to handle my riding style and ability. We will see what Alta has to say on the 12th.... I don't think you can go wrong with the 2018 EX though.

Just my two cents

ecd

Bang for the buck...The 2018 EX is a really great deal! At $1,500 off (with a charger included) the EX really is the best way to get into an Alta at a great price. Personally, the 2017/18 pack is more than adequate to handle my riding style and ability. We will see what Alta has to say on the 12th.... I don't think you can go wrong with the 2018 EX though.

Just my two cents

I agree with everything you guys are saying. I was pumped to be riding this weekend and waiting a few days is going to be challenging.

A couple things:
- if they announce/launch the EXR on Tuesday, how long might it take to show up at dealers? Days? Months? How did it go for the MXR launch?
- For off-road I usually do technical single track so I'd expect to be in maps 1 or 2, but I'm getting the Enduro model so I can also be a hooligan on the streets, even for short trips. I was planning on also getting a set of 17" supermoto wheels. So, map 4 on the R model sounds appealing. Then again, maybe it's not that large of an improvement.

My main interest in the R model is map 4 on the street. Secondarily, less weight. I assume they'd switch to AER forks on it

Elite Motorsports

The MXR took a month or two to receive bikes.

Honestly, map 4 on the EX is still very exciting! You will probably still be in map 1/2 for offroad use. I tend to use map 3 on the supermoto for street use, map 4 is just for grin factor :)