Alta Alta connecter plug

kenweld

Hey wondering if someone here can help me out in regards to the data cable for multi tool. Is the plug that connects under the seat to the bike a special Alta made plug or can you buy the connector online or anywhere? I know you can buy the cable on this forum, but im in Australia and as far as i know, theres a long wait for the cable to be made/shipping to Aust. takes for ever these days. Any help much appreciated

Hi Ken.

I bought mine from the U.S. and shipping was quite fast to the U.K. as i could not find anywhere here that would sell just one single plug!.

See this thread :

Alta Data plug : https://www.digikey.com/en/products/detail/hirose-electric-co-ltd/RP13A-12PA-13SC-71/1035188

Also, see this thread for more info :

kenweld

Thanks #76 for your help. Did you make the cable yourself and how did it go if so? One guy was saying the DIY cable showed the data but did no update firm were....

No Problem at all. It's what we are here for.

Yes, made mine myself. Easy job and very straight forward with the help of @robcio info.

Shows you all you need but i cannot comment on the update side as i have never needed to change any firmware. Sorry.

Maybe someone else can give an answer as to why the two cables might differ in one can update and one can't?. @Rashid510 maybe?.