Alta EXR is finally due for a new chain and sprocket set

Dirt-E

I've got a little over 2,000 miles on my EXR and the front sprocket is starting to get a bit shark-toothed and making a bunch of noise. I tried searching around the site, but didn't seem to locate possible part numbers or model years to look at for replacements.

If I'm not mistaken, the stock chain is an O-ring type and 13t/52t sprockets, correct? I don't need a super high-end set, but also don't want a cheap ebay set if it compromises on quality. Do you guys have any recommendations that might fit my needs? Thanks!

schwankl

oem alta chain and front sprocket from liquid performance
...maybe message them to see if they have any more rear sprockets

rayivers

I replaced my MXR's Regina non-O-ring chain at 2900 mi (master link failed at @ 2K mi.). Imo this was a lightweight OEM-type chain, OK at best.

I wanted to reduce anti-squat & make the front end feel lighter, so I put on a Renthal 292-520-12P front sprocket and Moose M5254-480 or 1211-0672 hardened rear (4:1, same as 13/53), along with a 113L+1L D.I.D. non-O-ring 520NZ chain. The wheelbase ended up @ 1 link/15mm shorter and the F end did pop up a little easier after, not a huge difference. All these are still going strong at 6800 mi.

Dirt-E

...maybe message them to see if they have any more rear sprockets
They are all out of rear sprockets. That's okay though, I can look for alternatives.

Are there any ups and downs to steel VS aluminum? I've only ever had to replace chains on my little bikes for the kids, so I haven't looked at full size stuff yet.

Caryder

Rear hub is identical to KTM hubs as is the front sprocket spline. As a side note, the front hub is not identical to KTM in offset.

The KTM hub is inset 5mm more than a stock Alta wheel, so I have to offset the brake caliper with 5mm spacers when switching the front wheel to my spare wheel set.