Alta - Stark rant

synics

I'm not selling but I am right across the river from Trenton and if you bring your bike here you can charge it. at least you could ride. where in jersey are you?
I'm in Marlton, but in Trenton and Langhorne/levittown all the time for my pharma sales job. If I can't fix my maybe I'll hit you up haha

synics

I fixed it. Took it apart and a wire came disconnected inside the GFI. Thank God. She's all charged up now.

Btw, where do you ride where you live? I've got awesome riding here in Jersey

B. FRANK

there are a couple small islands on the Delaware where I ride right off my yard. nothing to brag about but it's good enough. I was raised in jersey, south Brunswick, and rode the pine barrens and west Milfords mountains, but never in the Marlton area. isn't most of jersey off limits to dirt bikes these days? worked in a lot of mc shops in jersey too, mainly Woodbridge Powersports.. gone now!

synics

Man there's tons of good riding here. All of Wharton, Bass River, Toms River, Collings Lakes, Mantico, Port Elizabeth, Atco, and then there's my special local spot 2 miles from my house where I shot this video. Lots of this you're not supposed to be in but we ride all of it with no problems.

synics

So as @snydes said, there is a whole trove and knowledge base on this forum of how to support and work on the bikes. (Wish it was more efficent...)

In terms of component support:

Screen - Easily buildable and repairable. The V2 display kit has been runable for x2 years now. Also this year im planning to release a display delete which eliminates the display entirely. (Created by another former Alta Engineer)
Battery - As of October 2022, I am able to wirebond and replace not good r-modules with New Stock R Modules. Also in the pipeline is the ability to rework bad R Modules along with A modules. Battery support is straightforward as I have a few solid contacts who know what Alta was.
*Note - I am in process of repairing A top covers; just need to do a few more tests.*
Controller - Since the company went under in 2018 I have never seen a motor controller failure. We were pretty damn good on supporting that inverter pcba so if it does go bad, the inverter control board is a 2 hr job.
ACM - In the summer we were successful in reparing ACMs which require a PCBA fab shop. There solid with there rework and also built Alta PCBAs when we were in business.
DCCP/OBCs - On board chargers (only on SMs) are annoying to deal with, but my solution to those are building new DCCPs and using an off board charger. Goal is to have a rework option for OBCs by 2023.
DCCP - Rebuildable and also new ones are easy to make

Overall the interaction on this forum is still high for me because I still enjoy to this day fixing, supporting, troubleshooting Altas. I dont give two hoots to the people who want to slander and accuse me of muddying there business. Lets be real here, a few people have benefited from the demise of a dead company, which happens but I dont believe in that crap. That being said I see a lot of the issues and reach out privately, and plan to do that for the long term.
Appreciate your willingness to help people out, but I seriously hope i never need it, lol

altabosh

Hi guys, I moved my Altas to Europe in expectation the market will flooded by now with them with arrival of Varg, but? Have another problem.
Tried to modify by throwing KTMs 450 suspension on it , SOLVA front and OHLINS rear, cant find setting for it . Any suggestion how to work the extra weight?