Anyone wants to make a 200 lbs carbon fiber Alta?

Rix

Self proclaimed macho man extraordinaire
Seems like I read "somewhere" our frames are around 15kg, or about 32 pounds naked. If I am recalling that info correctly (not sure at all), then a CF frame would probably lighten thing 12-15 pounds or so. To get our bikes down to 200 pounds MX/MXR, or 220 for the EX/EXR, we would need to re-visit every component......and......go with a smaller battery. Would mind loosing the weight to a lighter CF frame and wheels/rims/tires/tubes selection, but I like the battery and the range it gives me.

Philip

Administrator
Staff member
If the batteries were hot swappable, for my amateur motocross racing I would be okay with reducing the battery weight and range by 25-30%, if I could still have the same power. But I am afraid that the power will go down and the overheating will increase.

Still, hot swappable and stackable batteries is the way to go. Use one for MX. Use two for enduro and trails.

Rix

Self proclaimed macho man extraordinaire
If the batteries were hot swappable, for my amateur motocross racing I would be okay with reducing the battery weight and range by 25-30%, if I could still have the same power. But I am afraid that the power will go down and the overheating will increase.

Still, hot swappable and stackable batteries is the way to go. Use one for MX. Use two for enduro and trails.
Yah, a smaller battery with the same cells would be a reduction in C rating for sure, and overheating would be more problematic as well.