Are my days numbered? (in Sequim, WA)

73Thing

I am thinking of moving to Sequim Washington next year. A quick check looks like there aren't many off road trials in that area.
Anyone out there live in that are of Washington?
Honestly I am HOOKED on riding trails and can not think of giving up my Alta!...What I am I going to do?IMG_2445.JPG

F451

I don’t think there’s much off road riding out that way, but I could be wrong. You may be in for long drives to get to decent single track, mountain riding, or an mx track. Tahuya and Capital Forest are probably the 2 closest big orv areas.

Grays Harbor has an Mx track and trails, not close though: Home

There used to be riding, I think it’s called Green Mountain somewhere out on the peninsula, but it was very limited, and I heard they have closed parts of it.

I would ping the PacNW locals on TT and see what they say: Northwest

bluefxstc

I wouldn't think it would be too limited, but probably not as good as what you enjoy in the Carson City NV area. You probably couldn't ride much in the park, but Olympic National Forest should be open for a lot of riding. Rain might be more of an issue, but Sequim is in a rain shadow and only gets 11-15 inches of rain a year. Here is a link to the Olympic National Forest motor vehicle use page. I believe @Redwolf lives on the peninsula so he may have more direct info.

Redwolf

My dog thinks I'm cool
I live in Brinnon, which is about 40 miles south of Sequim. The available riding is somewhat limited, but there are some opportunities close by. If you do move into the neighborhood, let me know, I would love to have another Alta rider around, and I would be happy to show you around the area.

73Thing

Well that's what I was afraid of. Thanks to those who gave their insight.
Redwolf when I am in the area I will definitely take you up on that kind offer to show me around.