Aussie Alta owner

kenweld

Hey guys,

Im from Australia and purchased a 2017 alta mx at the start of this year.
Im hoping the battery will be ok as its being sitting for almost a year now with no charging, previous owner sent the bike almost fully charged he said. Guess thats better then low charge.Would i need to update the software? Was keen to set up alta multitool on my laptop, its a macbook pro 2012. Would this be possible?

I know it was risky buying something like this across other side of the world, with not really any support where im from, but these bikes just look too awesome to pass up!
Any help would be appreciated, thanks

Rashid510

Forum's Sponsor
Hey guys,

Im from Australia and purchased a 2017 alta mx at the start of this year.
Im hoping the battery will be ok as its being sitting for almost a year now with no charging, previous owner sent the bike almost fully charged he said. Guess thats better then low charge.Would i need to update the software? Was keen to set up alta multitool on my laptop, its a macbook pro 2012. Would this be possible?

I know it was risky buying something like this across other side of the world, with not really any support where im from, but these bikes just look too awesome to pass up!
Any help would be appreciated, thanks

You need linux on your laptop to run multitool. If you can dual boot Ubuntu or run Virtual Machine that will suffice. You also need the communication harness too. Ideally if the pack was at 100% and has not been turned on...please turn it on. That 9V in the ACM might have gone bunk.