Battery warmer

Ethos

I own a Talaria sting. My daughter rides it.
The battery pops out so I bring it inside during the cold months to store and charge. It gets really cold in WI. Too cold for batteries.

The Varg battery doesn't "pop out".

One idea is to store the bike in my living room during the cold months. Really not the worst idea since it isn't full of gas an oil like my Yamaha. But not my wife's preference.

Another option is a battery warmer. Any experience with the Altas or something similar? I really want to protect my investment and I actually do ride in the coldest months. I take the Yamaha on the ice.

IMG_20221229_185103.jpg

Considering the sales numbers for this bike, it may be something that Dave at Chickenhawk Tire Warmers may want to look at. The company does most of their business doing warmers for industrial applications, and really, the Varg isn't much different. No, it wouldn't be cheap, but considering the price of a new battery ... I'd buy one if I couldn't keep it inside.

OneLapper

"You don't *really* need the water pump...."
Forum's Sponsor
New wife.

Warning: VERY EXPENSIVE in my experience, but definitely worth it!

I have three motorcycles in my dinning room right now! No one complains.

rk42

my garage is not permanently heated, and when I go to Italy for training in winter, the temperatures can also go to zero degrees, especially at night.
the solution I would have thought of would be something like this:

Philip

Administrator
Staff member
I think wrapping the bike in an electric blanket might be sufficient. Just buy a model of the blanket that doesn't turn itself off after one hour. Or disable the timer.