Cake - private test ride event New Canaan, CT, USA 8/20 2-4pm

JP racing

Hi all,

Cake is doing a demo event in Darien, CT at Neat Coffee in Darien, CT on Saturday 8/20 9-12 you can go ride their bikes in the parking lot at that if you want... I have convinced them to stop by little training track (singletrack, creek, climbs and descents, big rocks, logs etc.) for a proper demo and they encouraged me to invite anyone I thought would be interested.

2-4PM 8/20 in New Canaan, CT.

PM for details.

-JP

leeo45

Geezer in denial
How did the demo/test day go? Did you get to ride the bikes on your training track?

Some of the CAKE features and components seem nice, however the overall design doesn't seem great for a real offroad bike and I can't get past the IKEA styling.

JP racing

So I ended up having to cancel that… but I did get to ride one around Brooklyn a bit today, up and down some steps, off a couple drops, it was the kalk OR. Nice Ohlins suspension even though I was 50lbs too heavy for the setup. The trail saver tires were surprisingly fun and sticky on the dry tarmac. With the 18” wheels it feels like a pit bike and it doesn’t pull well. Down the steps was fun, up the steps was weak. The brakes were very weak, I only rode for about 5 minutes and they got pretty hot.

They have a race bike that I have not seen with 18/21 and a updated frame that I should be able to see soon. They said they will plan another visit up to the track so…

In other news we got some much needed rain and I can finally record a video without being in a dust cloud!