Can you have too many electric bikes?

C5tor

Chief Comedic Instigator
The answer is probably no. But this guy is definitely trying to find out if it is possible to have too many. Discuss amongst yourselves.

Garage envy starts at about the 5:10 minute mark of the video.

C5tor

Chief Comedic Instigator
I assume this is @Deano, but wasn't sure at first. Then I recognized a few of the bikes. Sweet collection!

Rashid510

Forum's Sponsor
Yeah...lets just say some one here mentioned to Sam about the collection in NZ (especially when Sam is from the Bay Area...and is looking for a bike for his wife...)

TCMB371

The Silent Assassin
Forum's Sponsor
The smile on their faces after riding them..... it's the Alta effect. Literally every person i let ride mine come back with a huge smile on their face.

Trialsman

The smile on their faces after riding them..... it's the Alta effect. Literally every person i let ride mine come back with a huge smile on their face.
In addition to what you said, I let one long time Eastern woods rider/racer try my EXR in single track. He didn't bring it back for 45min , but when he did his smile was huge. Even now, several years later, when I mention my Alta he says to everyone there...." Best bike I ever rode in the woods...Bar NONE!" - I think he was impressed.

alphamoto

Hello! To answer your question, yes, it's possible to have too many electric bikes, and there are several reasons why this could be the case:

1. Storage Space: Electric bikes are larger and heavier than regular bikes, so they require more storage space. If you accumulate too many, you might run out of space to store them safely and securely.
  2. Maintenance and Upkeep: Each electric bike requires regular maintenance, including battery care, tire checks, and motor servicing. Having too many could mean that you're unable to keep up with the necessary maintenance for each bike, leading to potential wear and tear or even damage.
  3. Cost of Ownership: The initial purchase cost, along with ongoing expenses like electricity for charging, replacement parts, and maintenance, can add up. The more e-bikes you have, the higher these costs will be.
  4. Environmental Impact: Although electric bikes are more environmentally friendly than cars, they still have an environmental impact. Manufacturing batteries and motors consume resources and energy. Owning more bikes than you can use could contribute unnecessarily to this impact.
  5. Usage Frequency: If you have more electric bikes than you regularly use, some bikes might end up sitting idle for extended periods. This can be particularly detrimental for the batteries, which may degrade over time if not used and maintained properly.
  6. Safety Concerns: With multiple electric bikes, especially if they are not properly maintained, there's an increased risk of accidents due to potential equipment failure.

Check : Destination for all Forza scooters, ATVs & Pit Bikes in Hamilton.

leeo45

Geezer in denial
Once the AI figures this out, this forum will be in trouble. On the flip side though, we won't have problems justifying buying more bikes anymore.

Forum software should have automatic AI detection so that the admins and mods don't need to figure it out.

Otherwise, 'Welcome to new forum member @SkyNet'. o_O