Code 103.....again

Fourth_Floor

Ok, I think that your bike has 1.3 on it, maybe even an earlier FW, that did not support the rapid charger. The cheapest fix is to update the bike, or borrow someone's standard charger...... lol. The latter might be more difficult than updating. Update the FW and you'll be in business.

A few weekends ago I updated a 2017 MX that still had 1.3 on it. There are some nice improvements from 1.3 to 1.5.1.
I'm hoping so! Going to pick up a laptop tomorrow that I can designate for the bike and once the cables come in I'll dive into it and let you know how it goes.

Wade

So two A pack bikes, no confirmation that the bikes were updated, and both with the Rapid charger. My gut tells me the bikes need to be updated.

Did you both get the bikes with the rapid charger? Did the previous owner charge up the bikes with the rapid charger?
I also got mine new with a rapid charger.
I’m not sure how they charged it at the dealership. It had 5 Hrs and 49 miles on it when I got it.
is there anyone in the Seattle area that could update firmware?

Fourth_Floor

I also got mine new with a rapid charger.
I’m not sure how they charged it at the dealership. It had 5 Hrs and 49 miles on it when I got it.
is there anyone in the Seattle area that could update firmware?
If it's the same as with my case, they charged it with the standard charger. My rapid charger that I got was never opened. Good luck if you're trying to install multitool. My brother and I (and he's a computer guy) got about 5 hours so far into trying to even get the program to install, following directional video to an absolute t, tried on 2 different computers and keep getting errors when trying to launch the program. This is getting extremely frustrating.

Wade

Ok, I think that your bike has 1.3 on it, maybe even an earlier FW, that did not support the rapid charger. The cheapest fix is to update the bike, or borrow someone's standard charger...... lol. The latter might be more difficult than updating. Update the FW and you'll be in business.

A few weekends ago I updated a 2017 MX that still had 1.3 on it. There are some nice improvements from 1.3 to 1.5.1.
So 1.51 is the updated version we want on our bikes? For the Rapid charger. I may have found a dealership that will do it if I can provide them the update. They say they can’t access Alta servers anymore.

TCMB371

The Silent Assassin
Forum's Sponsor
So 1.51 is the updated version we want on our bikes? For the Rapid charger. I may have found a dealership that will do it if I can provide them the update. They say they can’t access Alta servers anymore.

Correct, 1.5.1 is the most recent released firmware version from Alta before they closed.