Deals on Starks?

Johnny Depp

What's the dealer mark up on it? They wanted to charge $2500 on a 450.
I think around $1200 freight, setup, and doc. I think? The thing I am wondering is now that dealers are sitting on inventory, and warehouse’s too, and the market is soft, what are people seeing for prices?

Chaconne

At 11,999 I would spend the extra 1,000 and get brand new. Plus, you can get exactly what you want. My luck with demos and leftovers is usually the price doesn't make up for some feature or extra that I want. I haven't been looking but 13k is around the going price here in the Northeast. I got mine from a dealer too that was a few months back now.

Johnny Depp

At 11,999 I would spend the extra 1,000 and get brand new. Plus, you can get exactly what you want. My luck with demos and leftovers is usually the price doesn't make up for some feature or extra that I want. I haven't been looking but 13k is around the going price here in the Northeast. I got mine from a dealer too that was a few months back now.
I don't think the one at Temecula is a demo for $11,999? It looks like dealers sitting on inventory are starting to discount new bikes.

Theo

They have written "2025" in the title, but A. Wass said, in an interview, that in their opinion (and IMHO) it doesn't make sense to release a new model every year only because of a new number of year in a calendar and that, instead, they would rather introduce something like a Varg 2 when they think that they will have significantly improved it.

Here is that interview:

AL_V

They have written "2025" in the title, but A. Wass said, in an interview, that in their opinion (and IMHO) it doesn't make sense to release a new model every year only because of a new number of year in a calendar and that, instead, they would rather introduce something like a Varg 2 when they think that they will have significantly improved it.
Yes, that's true, but your title will have a year on it, and I think the MSO does as well.

Chaconne

Not sure how they do this but brand new Vargs for under 11 k for Alphas, delivery country wide

Probably overstock from bikes that were ordered and didn't make final delivery. I got mine from a dealer prepped and ready to ride for 13k otd. It was trouble free (well not including those stupid tire tubes :ricky:), I didn't have to assemble anything, the dealer took care of some paperwork hiccups, and I have been loving riding it since April.

Maybe not worth 2k but I am still really happy with the deal.:)

Chaconne

Ya that's a great deal. With all the benefits the Stark brings at that kind of price it will bring over more regular ICE riders. The margins on Starks are probably pretty good, and if they outsourced it to Asia, they could probably cut even more off the price. A Varg at 8k would be a slam dunk for a lot of regular ICE riders. A top quality E-dirtbike for a better price than an equivalent ICE bike is a winner.

That was the problem with US market with EVs, the American companies like Ford and Tesla treated the entire market like it was going to be early adopters forever. Regular folks are not going to pay more for a E-F150 when they can get an ICE one for less money and less hassles.

Johnny Depp

Hey guys, time to buy a Stark Varg, it's not just Kaplan!

View attachment 11893

Kaplan and Lithium powersports are among the largest US Stark dealers, this is surprising.
I heard originally about dealerships committing to very large orders, like 40. It seemed odd, but in the auto industry sometimes the dealers get a discount based upon how many orders they place. Wondering if that’s what is happening here?

Beagle

I heard originally about dealerships committing to very large orders, like 40. It seemed odd, but in the auto industry sometimes the dealers get a discount based upon how many orders they place. Wondering if that’s what is happening here?
Both dealers have definitely had deliveries by batches over 20 (it's on YouTube), also Kaplan claimed to be Stark number one US dealer, so it could be something like this. Thing is, rough calculation says Stark may have around 2% margin on the bike, like 300€ by sale (given their July numbers Stark actually profitable... kinda), there's no way they make 3000$ per bike, successful established manufacturers get about 10% that'd be a bit over 1 k, definitely not 3 k.

My other hypothesis are that sales are tanking (but again, these dealers have been selling dozens of Varg every month so ?) or that Varg 2.0 will soon show up (Jack Brunnel did mention he'll get a brand new bike for AX UK starting in January 25, that doesn't necessarily mean there would be a new customer bike).

I like your big dealer discount theory better but whatever the case, this is gonna make some happy US owners.

Chaconne

Both dealers have definitely had deliveries by batches over 20 (it's on YouTube), also Kaplan claimed to be Stark number one US dealer, so it could be something like this. Thing is, rough calculation says Stark may have around 2% margin on the bike, like 300€ by sale (given their July numbers Stark actually profitable... kinda), there's no way they make 3000$ per bike, successful established manufacturers get about 10% that'd be a bit over 1 k, definitely not 3 k.

My other hypothesis are that sales are tanking (but again, these dealers have been selling dozens of Varg every month so ?) or that Varg 2.0 will soon show up (Jack Brunnel did mention he'll get a brand new bike for AX UK starting in January 25, that doesn't necessarily mean there would be a new customer bike).

I like your big dealer discount theory better but whatever the case, this is gonna make some happy US owners.
I think Stark sales in the US are being impacted by the more general decline and slowing of E adoption in the US. If they can lower the prices it will help adoption, plus for right now, Stark can probably avoid the tariffs, taxes, and government regulations designed to thwart other imports.

So increasing market share with an advantage is a good strategy even if it costs on the margin side. Also KTM seems to be struggling right now which doesn't bode well even for the more traditional side of the industry.