Decal Kits for the Alta

Elite Motorsports

There are several custom decal companies that have the cut lines for the Redshift models if anyone is looking to have custom graphics made. We use Brandon at ProLine Graphics but we can get you the info you need if you have your own graphics company that is looking to make a custom kit.

Philip

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks, Scott! I am working with Limited Decal on a custom kit for my MXR. If you do not mind sharing what you have, please email it to me at admin at altaownersforum.com. Or you could upload it into "Resources" at the top of the forum for all to use.

Elite Motorsports

Thanks, Scott! I am working with Limited Decal on a custom kit for my MXR. If you do not mind sharing what you have, please email it to me at admin at altaownersforum.com. Or you could upload it into "Resources" at the top of the forum for all to use.
Email sent!

Philip

Administrator
Staff member
Well, well, well... I got the "proofs" from Limited Decal. As I asked, they used the @HudsonValleyMotorcycles templates. Thank you, Corey! If I do not change anything, the look will be almost the same as on my 2017 MX.

I like my 2017 MX look. I liked it as first sight, and still do. The 2018 MXR stock color scheme is fresh and very good, but it has not grown on me like my 2017 MX look has.

I thought about incorporating some yellow, orange and perhaps some gray into this kit. Perhaps keep some of the stock MXR stickers, or peel them off and scan them to incorporate them into the kit. This is all possible. But I just cannot see how to make this kit any better. I love the lightning bolts, the black on the rear fender, the signs on the front fender, and the zebra stripes on the ribs of the shrouds.

The kit could use at one or two color accents. I was thinking about adding color to some of the logos. This might be worth investigating, if it does not mess up the overall style. Otherwise, the new kit will be just plain and clean. Not a bad choice either way.

If there happen to be any accomplished graphics designers here among us, I could use some ideas!

philip's proof2.jpg

Oded

I like the more refine look of Philip's 2017 black & white MX. This is what I would choose.
That said, this metalic orange Redshift looks interesting.

Philip

Administrator
Staff member
I think it's time to create a special Decals and Graphics sub-forum. You guys just seem to not want to spend any upgrade money on pipes, hot cam, or clutch purchases.

Here you go:
Decals and Graphics

I will be moving the related threads there shortly.

Fod

I don’t know if we have this bikes owner here yet or not, but I absolutely love the look of this bike. Clean and simple and that metallic orange just pops. Excellent job IMO.View attachment 219
Not sure if you all noticed the trax shock and cone valve forks! The orange linkage is very nice as well! This has got to be the nicest redshift I have seen! Looks like it's a 17 model by the pegs. Are those DID hoops standard on 2017?

Philip

Administrator
Staff member
Not sure if you all noticed the trax shock and cone valve forks! The orange linkage is very nice as well! This has got to be the nicest redshift I have seen! Looks like it's a 17 model by the pegs.
Yep. Mark is a retired rocket scientist. He always has secret motorcycle projects going. Before we know it, he will probably come up with a rocket fuel powered Alta.

snydes

Staff member
Not sure if you all noticed the trax shock and cone valve forks! The orange linkage is very nice as well! This has got to be the nicest redshift I have seen! Looks like it's a 17 model by the pegs. Are those DID hoops standard on 2017?

If I recall correctly, it’s a ‘17 with basically a KTM front end. Probably all KTM wheels and hubs. Hopefully the proud owner will chime in!

Reactions: Fod

Fod

Nice! I know the saying it doesn't take a rocket scientist....but doesnt hurt to have a real one on our side! Yeah I would be all ears on whats going on in his head and on that bike!