Does anyone have a PDF manual for the WP AER Fork?

Philip

Administrator
Staff member
The bike came with nothing, not even an air pump. Air forks are new to me. Yesterday I located one Schrader valve, one compression clicker, and today I found one rebound clicker hidden behind a rubber plug. There was a note attached to the bike that the fork air pressure was set to 154 psi. That's it!

I need more information: Recommended pressures, oil levels/volumes, clicker settings. Do both legs get oil?

I thought I also needed the fork's stock spring rates and spring part numbers, LOL!

snydes

Staff member
The bike came with nothing, not even an air pump. Air forks are new to me. Yesterday I located one Schrader valve, one compression clicker, and today I found one rebound clicker hidden behind a rubber plug. There was a note attached to the bike that the fork air pressure was set to 154 psi. That's it!

I need more information: Recommended pressures, oil levels/volumes, clicker settings. Do both legs get oil?

I thought I also needed the fork's stock spring rates and spring part numbers, LOL!
You should have gotten an air pump and a tool kit, if you didn’t it was probably a supply issue so I’d start asking some questions!

Philip

Administrator
Staff member
You should have gotten an air pump and a tool kit, if you didn’t it was probably a supply issue so I’d start asking some questions!
Ha! You are right! I checked the list of items that comes with the bike and it had an air pump on it! Just called my sales person and left a message. Hopefully I will pick it up next week together with the Rapid charger.

Elite Motorsports

Hey Philip,

Hopefully, your dealer was able to get you the air pump and tools, these are a standard item with all Alta Redshift MXRs. The AER fork on the MXR is the same (component wise, I don't know about shim stacks) as the 2018 KTM SX-F models. We can get you a KTM repair manual (comes on CD) that will detail the entire service and rebuild procedure for the AER fork.

One major thing to keep in mind when adding or removing air from the fork is to ensure that the wheel is off the ground and the fork legs are fully extended. Failing to do this can cause pressure issues due to the small bypass port being blocked and not allowing the chambers to equalize.

Philip

Administrator
Staff member
Thank you, Scott! I might have to take you up on that offer of a WP AER repair manual CD, especially if I have to dig into this fork myself.

Yes, I am getting a pump soon. Got the toolkit with the bike.

I received the 2018 MXR suspension specs from Alta on Monday. I have uploaded them here:

Alta Redshift Suspension Specifications and Service Manuals

They do not have the WP manuals, but they said to use the KTM manuals to look up all the missing maintenance and tuning information.

Elite Motorsports

If anyone is interested in getting a KTM repair manual that includes all information pertaining to the rebuild and maintenance of the WP AER forks and Shock use the following number to order:

P/N: 3206309 RA 450/505 SX-F/XC-F/SMR 2008-2018 $25.99

These repair manuals come on a DVD and detail the complete teardown and rebuild process. I will also work on putting together a general guide on the rebuilding process for this forum (It might take me a bit to get that done though).

Let me know if you have any questions.

Top Bottom