Eliminated phone docking bracket.

Tim Sharp

I have heard of several people having the Stark phone fall out of the docking station while riding. I have been riding a couple times now, and have decided that I don't really need to carry the phone on the bike just to do a 20 minute moto. I simply make sure the bike is over 50% charge and leave the phone in my truck. Between motos, If I want to make changes to the maps, I just put the phone on for a minute to load the new maps.
So, I decided to eliminate the crazy complex docking station. I ordered some top bar clamps from a KTM, but just used the top cap. I also ordered a Renthal "Fat bar" pad. I'm still using the stock bars.
It took a little while, but I basically just embedded the docking pad into the pad. I also cut a channel in the foam for the rear brake line, that keeps it from tangling with the front brake line. I have put some velcro on the pad cover, just to keep the phone in place while doing updates or map changes.
Pretty cheap and simple way to eliminate some of the junk on top of the bars. What do y'all think?

20240719_132954.jpg

20240719_133025.jpg

20240719_134037.jpg

20240719_133937.jpg

skuikka

Not a bad idea. I've been thinking about moving the phone down between the headstock and seat and mounting it longtidunally. I ride hard enduro so it gets quite some hits in the current position but I'd like to have a display for longer rides and races. Your solution would make it pretty simple to have a quick look on the battery situation by just putting the phone there for a moment.

Foss

I don't think (99% sure) the phone has to be touching the charging pad to change settings on the bike.
The phone talks to the bike via Bluetooth, the charging pad, just charges it.
This is correct. I deleted the bar mount and added Xtrigs. Until Stark Future commits to using the phone as a key, I will not risk the phone being lost from the heavy jumps. At that point I may use an arm band. Or better yet, HUD display in the goggles.

AL_V

This is correct. I deleted the bar mount and added Xtrigs. Until Stark Future commits to using the phone as a key, I will not risk the phone being lost from the heavy jumps. At that point I may use an arm band. Or better yet, HUD display in the goggles.
How can you do HUD display in the goggles? Is this currently possible?

Foss

How can you do HUD display in the goggles? Is this currently possible?
Not yet, but with the snowboarding goggles I am sure someone can hack something together. The hard part would be to allow stark to provide a developers access to the app to allows us to port api docs to the device to display certain data to the goggles. I’d be interested in just battery % and speed.

UKLee

Problem with not having the phone in front of you is you will not be aware of any warnings if there is an issue, we had one saying there was an insulation issue and to step away from the bike and also the phone was buzzing loud to warn you.
We have had the phone come out twice both times luckily it was undamaged, the second time it came out I had checked it was in correctly. Stark need to fix this issue because you need the phone there to get the safety warnings, same goes for the on off button that sticks down.