Enough of the bad news. Let's talk Harbor Freight generators.

Sjtabler

Hey just curious the 6500 hundred watt harbor freight generator work or no? Didn’t get a clear answer from previous posts. I love my mxr and will keep on enjoying it. Hopefully there will be a solution.

schwankl

That generator would probably be fine - I have the 4000w version. My last 4-day trip we had 2 generators: honda 2000w (110v - $1000) and the harbor freight predator 4000 (220v - $279 on-sale few times a year) to charge an exr and mxr. The predator worked fine with the rapid charger and was indeed twice as fast as the a honda at almost 1/4 of the price. Just had to turn up the idle a bit to get it to be stable charging at 220 up at 6000ft. Last 6 full charges went without a problem.

TCMB371

The Silent Assassin
Forum's Sponsor
I'm running the Predator 4000, as well, which is actually only 3200 running watts. It works fine for me with the rapid charger at the track. You shouldn't have a problem with the 6500.

TCMB371

The Silent Assassin
Forum's Sponsor
Its quieter than a 4-stroke dirtbike but i still prefer to place is on the opposite side of my truck to where i'm sitting so that the truck blocks some of the noise. I can still have conversations with people with a slightly elevated voice. Its acceptable in my opinion.

OneLapper

"You don't *really* need the water pump...."
Forum's Sponsor
I picked up a used Honda EM6500. The guy next to me (with a new Honda EU7000) complained about it being too loud. Overnight I use a Honda EU1000 with the Airstream, so I only need the 6500 for AC or charging the Alta. I called the guy out on complaining because by total coincidence we parked right across from him at the last race and he was using a Harbor Freight generator that was awful loud and pointed right at us.

TCMB371

The Silent Assassin
Forum's Sponsor
Not sure exactly, but 4 gallons in the generator lasts me more than 2 full ride days of charging.

Rocketz152

Just got the 6500... you can literally watch the battery gauge climb (charged my bike for about 10 minutes)... It’s winter here in Montana but if it warms up enough I’ll run the battery dead and see how fast the generator recharges it...

AAA09FF9-C598-4F1E-AA42-364AE9959D78.jpeg