Error: Service Required Pos Weld

Scott

Hello All, I went riding today and I got the message "Service Required Pos Weld". Anyone seen this before? I will be taking it to the dealer to see what is up with it.

IMG_20180808_171720520.jpg

Scott

Called the dealer today and unfortunately there is not much to report. The data has been downloaded from the bike and it is in Alta's hands. From what I understand they have sent the data to engineering so that implies it won't be a quick fix (I hope I am wrong). I am a little disappointed that a bike with 5.4 hours on it is out of service for the near future.

snydes

Staff member
Called the dealer today and unfortunately there is not much to report. The data has been downloaded from the bike and it is in Alta's hands. From what I understand they have sent the data to engineering so that implies it won't be a quick fix (I hope I am wrong). I am a little disappointed that a bike with 5.4 hours on it is out of service for the near future.

Yeah that's a bummer. Hopefully they get you squared away sooner than later.

Mark911

The description sounds like some sort of short in the battery or inverter. At least Alta should tell you what POS means!!!

Scott

The dealer called today and said that Alta is sending a new replacement battery so that is the good news. The bad news is that they could not give a definite shipping timeline so it could be a up to couple of weeks before I get my bike back.

snydes

Staff member
The dealer called today and said that Alta is sending a new replacement battery so that is the good news. The bad news is that they could not give a definite shipping timeline so it could be a up to couple of weeks before I get my bike back.

You and @MotoMinded are in the same boat then. I assume they don’t have a surplus of batteries built up yet at this point coupled with shipping limitations equals longer than ideal waits. Hope it’s sooner than later for you guys.