Erzberg firmware - tractor mode

Oded

I remember trying the Erzberg fw on my EX.
Did not like the "hill hold" mode as it prevented any subtle rearward motion, causing few nasty falls.

Could not use "tractor mode" for some reason (perhaps it does not work on EX / EXR models?).

Anyone tried it and can report back? The Varg have its crawling mode, and I'm curious if they are similar, and how do they compare.

pragmaticist

I remember trying the Erzberg fw on my EX.
Did not like the "hill hold" mode as it prevented any subtle rearward motion, causing few nasty falls.

Could not use "tractor mode" for some reason (perhaps it does not work on EX / EXR models?).

Anyone tried it and can report back? The Varg have its crawling mode, and I'm curious if they are similar, and how do they compare.
The Stark crawl modes are very slow and have limited power output. They work great for loading and unloading, moving the bike around rough terrain without actually riding it, and generally preventing unwanted motion - they both hold in both directions if memory serves, locking the bike in place until you twist the throttle and crawl forwards or backwards depending on the setting.

The limited power is an issue for any sort of hill climb exercise. I found that it doesn't put out nearly enough torque to move the both me and the bike up any sort of incline that would have forced me off the bike in the first place. I did get out of some nasty stops by getting off the bike and using momentum to move it forward, after which the crawl mode would "grab" and hold, saving my progress.

You certainly can't leave it in crawl mode while doing any sort of riding; it maxes out at probably 3-4 mph.