Want to buy Fasst Flexx bars

Hi, looking for some Fasst Flexx bars to help with my wrists. Gen 2 Pref.

Not too sure on what Bend or sweep/height i need?, but happy to see if any are for sale and then go from there.

Will need them shipping to me in the U.K. please, USPS is usually the best and cheapest option.

Thanks for now.

Bloak

I've used fasst bars and they felt "heavy". Been using twisted engineering bars for years now
It's another option when looking for bars that flex

Reactions: #76

I've used fasst bars and they felt "heavy". Been using twisted engineering bars for years now
It's another option when looking for bars that flex
Hi Bloak.
Ok...Heavy huh, that's a very interesting way to describe bars... was it on the Alta or "other"?.
Thanks for that....any pics to go with the Twisted set up please sir?.
Cheers for the input!. #76.

Philip

Administrator
Staff member
I ran a FLEXX bar. It does provide decent isolation. But I understand what @Bloak means when he says "heavy". If you are aggressive on the bike and are trying to pull or push on the bars, then these bars flex/deflect. They deflect without resistance because there is almost no damping in those polyurethane bushings that they use as springs. Very little friction or damping. The result is that if you are trying to pull/push on the bars, you are experiencing all the same pull/push forces but a split second later.

I tried a stiffer rear spring on my MXR, front forks pumped up to180 psi, and a FLEXX bar. The hands felt as if the fork pressure was a normal 160 psi.

Eventually, I went back to the stock rear spring, back to normal 160 psi fork pressure, and sold the FLEXX bars to Mrs. @snydes

If I were to design damped handlebar mounts, or if money was no object, I would have designed/bought something like this:

These mounts appear to have some built-in damping in that system. Adjustable damping would have been even better.

Good info Philip. Thanks.
180!, jeez...
SFS a no go on the Alta tho. Or would have had them already!.
OK, so will await Bloak's pics for his set up....

Bloak

I don’t have a picture readily handy of my bike. They look like standard handle bars. I you looked at my bike, you would assume they are ProTapers.
Twisted Engineering |

Good write up from @Phillip regarding the Fasst Flexx bars. I used them on a RMZ and eventually went back to standard bars on that bike.
(Flexx Handlebar).

I’ve used the SFS triple clamps on a CRF450 (2015). I knew they moved when I rode, as I could hear them click as they bottomed out from a hard landing/abrupt impact. Could adjust air pressure for different tracks or conditions. Seemed to work well.
If you changed out your Atla triple clamps for KTM triple and front wheel setup (there are writeups about it on the forum), then you could possibly go the SFS route.
Neken

Top Bottom