Faults for Water Pump and Low Beam

Wfocz

I just purchased my 2018 Alta MXR with 23 Hours and received 2 faults for the water pump and low beams. I’m attaching a screen shot. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Pump appears to run with key on but still shows fault code.

28E4D9BB-C673-43EF-AC31-5418798DC687.jpeg

rayivers

Wow, your MXR has lights, turn signals, and a horn! Mine have none of that. :) Maybe the EXR conversion's been installed, with issues?

Wfocz

Nope it’s an MXR so no lights but it has a low beam fault. Hope this isn’t common. I noticed another person on the forum had a similar issue but didn’t receive any responses. I’m a little worried since now there’s two of us. 😞 Here’s another screenshot.

D706CFA6-8D14-4ACE-8B6D-91EF17FE331A.jpeg

Oded

Mine (EX 2018) also flag the pump error. It seems to work just fine.
I've been told to ignore it by the Alta expert.
Bike rides just fine.

IMG20220722153117.jpg

Wfocz

Mine (EX 2018) also flag the pump error. It seems to work just fine.
I've been told to ignore it by the Alta expert.
Bike rides just fine.

View attachment 8872
Thank you for your reply. That’s at least three of us with the same fault. Have you updated your firmware to the latest available? I’m just curious if the firmware version makes a difference.

Oded

Updated to the latest inverter fw, but the error is still there. I can hear the pump working, and the bike is fine. No errors on the dash board.
Same with your bike?

Wfocz

Updated to the latest inverter fw, but the error is still there. I can hear the pump working, and the bike is fine. No errors on the dash board.
Same with your bike?
I’ve only owned mine for a few days. I haven’t been able to download the files to check firmware yet. I’m trying to figure out that process and I’ll report back. The pump runs when the key is turned on and seems to be working just fine. I’m going to check coolant level before my next ride. My bike has about 200 miles and about 20 hours on the clock and no errors on the dash.

Rashid510

Forum's Sponsor
I’ve only owned mine for a few days. I haven’t been able to download the files to check firmware yet. I’m trying to figure out that process and I’ll report back. The pump runs when the key is turned on and seems to be working just fine. I’m going to check coolant level before my next ride. My bike has about 200 miles and about 20 hours on the clock and no errors on the dash.

This is not firmware related. I sent over a PM.

rayivers

Nope it’s an MXR so no lights

Yeah, I was mostly kidding, just had to eliminate the conversion thing as a possibility. Seems strange to have a single 'Open or Short' device state, maybe it's that current-range problem some were having w/aftermarket lighting.

Wfocz

Yeah, I was mostly kidding, just had to eliminate the conversion thing as a possibility. Seems strange to have a single 'Open or Short' device state, maybe it's that current-range problem some were having w/aftermarket lighting.
Thanks for your reply. Rashid was able to pass along some great advice for which I’m thankful. Seems like there’s nothing to worry about. I’m looking forward to enjoying my new (to me) bike.