Favorite off road helmet?

strider

I also looked into Leatt helmets. Looked like they might be some of the most vented helmets out there. What head shape are they? I hope not round.
Assuming Arai MX helmets are the same head shape as their RR helmets and the fact that he switched from Arai to Leatt, I would conclude that the Leatt is oval.

strider

Helmet looks nice! Didn't know Alpinestar are into helmets.
Yeah, I was hesitant too. I know they've been big into other kinds of gear but not helmets. But they claim to have spent the last 5 years working on it. Day 1 with it was flawless, though I'm super slow. It's light and ventilation felt good.

BenEXR

I got a Shoei VFX-W just last year.

Motorcyclecloseouts.com has some great deals on things related to motorcycles.

I also have a Nexx XD-1 for when I'm on the street. I love the flip down dark visor. The clear shield is also very clear, thick and does not scratch easily. Both are very comfortable.

TCMB371

The Silent Assassin
Forum's Sponsor
I'm partial to the TLD SE-4 Carbon. Light weight, looks great, has MIPS, great airflow, quick release padding, one piece mouth guard, comes with extra visor.

1539301048412.png

snydes

Staff member
I picked up this one on Saturday:
View attachment 1129
Supertech M10 Meta Helmet

It's my first MX helmet so nothing to compare it to but it fits well and feels comfy when I've ridden around the yard so far. First riding lesson is tonight so we'll see how it (and I) do.
Just tried this one on too, out of the Moto 9 Flex and the top shelf TLD, this one felt the best on my melon. Very light. I think I'm going to get one to replace my Bell.

strider

Just tried this one on too, out of the Moto 9 Flex and the top shelf TLD, this one felt the best on my melon. Very light. I think I'm going to get one to replace my Bell.
Cool. I'm loving it so far. Very light and good ventilation. The 100% goggles I tried didn't fit very well but the Scotts fit perfectly.

snydes

Staff member
Cool. I'm loving it so far. Very light and good ventilation. The 100% goggles I tried didn't fit very well but the Scotts fit perfectly.
Funny you should say that, I went back to try it on again with my 100% goggles because they didn’t work well with the Moto 9. They might be a little better in the M10 than the Bell but they definitely don’t fit well. I think I just need to go back to Scott’s and be done with it.

leeo45

Geezer in denial
A quick video highlighting the same problem @Oded had with his Airoh helmet. Suomy helmets apparently had/have similar problems. If you have one of these brands, or quite honestly any helmet, you should be checking the integrity on a regular basis. This is not something you want to occur in a crash situation. :oops:

AIROH & SUOMY HELMET STRAPS FAILING!