Feedback on DC-area dealers?

ChrisG

Hi,
I'm thinking about jumping on the bandwagon and buying an SM as a commuter/play-bike. From following the forums it seems pretty clear that having a good dealer is key to the ownership experience. There are only two dealers within a reasonable distance from my area, JT Motorsports in Frederick Maryland, and Triumph of Harrisonburg, Virginia. Does anyone have any feedback on them, particularly the service departments?

Also, I've seen that Alta has dropped the price on the 2018 EX. Does anyone know if there's a similar deal on the SM model?

Thanks,

Chris

snydes

Staff member
Hi,
I'm thinking about jumping on the bandwagon and buying an SM as a commuter/play-bike. From following the forums it seems pretty clear that having a good dealer is key to the ownership experience. There are only two dealers within a reasonable distance from my area, JT Motorsports in Frederick Maryland, and Triumph of Harrisonburg, Virginia. Does anyone have any feedback on them, particularly the service departments?

Also, I've seen that Alta has dropped the price on the 2018 EX. Does anyone know if there's a similar deal on the SM model?

Thanks,

Chris

I bought my MXR from JT. Unless another dealer pops up closer I would use them again. Haven’t had a service department experience yet (thankfully).

I would expect Alta to do a similar deal on SM’s right before they release a SMR (pure speculation, but very probable). Timeline on that is anybody’s guess, but I’d be hesitant buying a SM right now IMO.

Philip

Administrator
Staff member
I think it might be too early to tell about the DC area dealers. Most of the East Coast became dealers less than half a year ago, and they probably didn't sell too many Altas yet, and even fewer of those Altas (if any) had problems that required dealer's attention.

I wouldn't say that having a good dealer is important. A good nearby dealer is nice to have, but if the bike does not have weird problems, which most of them do not, then you would not have to visit your dealer often, if at all.

Top Bottom