FIM announces new E-bike class

TCMB371

The Silent Assassin
Forum's Sponsor
Actually it sounds like it's more for electric bicycles but it does say they'll be doing a 30+1 on the track.

Philip

Administrator
Staff member
"The one race format will include a mass start with combined categories of both male and female riders racing for 30 minutes plus 1 lap but scored separately. The racing will be opened to anyone with an electric bicycle."

ANY electric bicycle? No limitations? Does it need pedals? Do I have to add pedals to my Alta to compete?

I always wanted to be an MXGP World Champ. This looks like a good opportunity. :)

Philip

Administrator
Staff member
Let's submit our entries. Go there and destroy the "competition"!

Maybe then folks will stop mentioning e-bicycles when we talk about Altas and electric CRs.

Electricride

If it is similar to the Fim E Bike Enduro World Cup, they mean only bicycles like this
The 2019 FIM E-Bike Enduro World Cup will include two categories:

• Enduro1 (E1): E-Bike equipped with a motor with a maximum rated continuous power of more than 250W and whose assistance can exceed 25 km/h without exceeding 45 km/h. Minimum age of riders - 15 years old.

• Enduro2 (E2): E-Bike equipped with a motor with a maximum continuous rated power of 250W and whose assistance does not exceed 25 km/h. Minimum age of riders - 14 years old.

TCMB371

The Silent Assassin
Forum's Sponsor
So basically, its gonna be a tough mudder but instead of running they'll be on electric assist mountain bikes. :cautious::LOL:

evh1

I love mine from RadPower out of Seattle. Only $1495.00 ! It has not disappointed me and has decent components and battery lasts a long time. Sure makes it nice slipping into hunting spots and low impact scouting. Riding around the 'hood for exercise, it gets lots of looks...like my Alta does when I'm hooning it around.

RadRover1.jpg

RadRover2.jpg

S300

I have a Specialized Turbo Levo that I love! I will admit that many times while I am riding it on open space around here, I dream of ripping down the trails on my MXR.... of course I would never do such a thing, something like that would make the news around here!

20181110_124930.jpg