First impressions, upgrades, and review of my new 2018 Alta MXR. This bike is AMAZING!

VINSANITY

For synics

What is model # of Midwest Mountain Engineering lever for the left hand rear brake. Is it the B2C clutch lever.

These things work great

A3FBC510-84A2-41FA-AD37-36A87A37C5D1.png

VINSANITY

Based on your review I got a set.

Ordered the wrong LHB but the front brake works so much better, almost crashed first time as locked up the front break.

Everyone needs these levers

Redwolf

My dog thinks I'm cool
Helmet lights are the icing on the cake for night rides, it's impossible to have too much light racing at night for sure.

ajordan282

you and I are on a similar journey sir! I just picked up a 2018 mxr and have collected some similar parts to get it on the street. still working out the lighting, trying to decide whether I want to deal with a battery pack or fussing with the onboard systems to power the lights. waiting on a skid plate still but have the same dash protector, kickstand, bark busters, etc! LHRB is on the list. these bikes are sick!

C5tor

Chief Comedic Instigator
For synics

What is model # of Midwest Mountain Engineering lever for the left hand rear brake. Is it the B2C clutch lever.

These things work great

View attachment 7879

I got a set of these MME Brake and Clutch levers for Christmas. (How did Santa even know I wanted a set???) Finally installed them today. They seem to be nicely engineered.

They only tricky part I had during the install was that you have to remove the stock push-rod from the clutch master cylinder. Having not removed these before, I wasn't quite sure if you could just pull the rod out of the rubber sleeve or not. Thanks to various YouTube vids on rebuilding Brembo clutch master cylinders, I confirmed that, yes, you just pull it out. Mine was a bit stubborn. Would have been nice to have that little tidbit in the instructions.

Also, the instructions were a little bit long for the clutch lever. However, that is because they mostly talk about properly adjusting the clutch. But since we are just using the clutch master cylinder as a rear brake, you can ignore everything after the first five lines.

The levers feel a little bit odd at first, not because they are short, but because the have a very tall & flat cross-section. You don't really hook your fingers all the way around them quite as easily as the stock levers. Definitely easier to lock up the brakes, though! Per the website, the different pivot point reduces the pull effort by about half. Gotta be careful when I go out tomorrow so I don't go over the bars or some stupid move like that. I think I will get used to them quickly. The trickier thing will be moving back and forth between my son's MX and my MXR, since they will now have different levers.

B. FRANK

I used to ride the pine barrens often..forked river, lacey road, stubbola and Clayton pits ,erial and the old action mountain park and manahawkin(bought by Sahara sand and closed down). seems that everyplace I rode is now off limits except Wharton if they're sponsoring an enduro. ended up getting arrested way too often. where in jersey can you still ride? probably nowhere legally. be careful bro , vicious cops in nj. Altas are awesome enjoy the silence.

synics

I used to ride the pine barrens often..forked river, lacey road, stubbola and Clayton pits ,erial and the old action mountain park and manahawkin(bought by Sahara sand and closed down). seems that everyplace I rode is now off limits except Wharton if they're sponsoring an enduro. ended up getting arrested way too often. where in jersey can you still ride? probably nowhere legally. be careful bro , vicious cops in nj. Altas are awesome enjoy the silence.
I ride all that, lol. Although I'm down south more. Port is the motherland. Haven't had trouble yet

synics

Small world. I grew up in Bayville.
So you know the South Jersey spots? Or was that before your time? Where you at now? Just got my 350 xc-f back tonight from getting the suspension done from my guy up in Toms River. Can't wait to test it out.