Front Fork Question

privateer703

AOF Addict
This should probably be a sticky in this section, but I looked and couldn't find an easy answer to this question. If I were asking for parts for my EXR front forks, WP AER (my local KTM dealer does not have any fork seals and needs to order them), what model bike could I give them? The Alta is not in their system.

Philip

Administrator
Staff member
The EXR comes with steel sprin WP Xplor forks that all Enduro KTMs had in 2018.

The MXR comes with air spring WP AER48 forks that all MX KTMs had in 2018.

The EX and the MX comes with steel spring WP 4CS forks that all KTMs had in 2015.

The SM comes with steel spring WP "bees knees" forks from some supermoto KTM that I don't know about.

rayivers

This is one of 2 seals I got recently (price is for 1 seal). I wanted the heavier-duty version for what I'm doing with my AER, but you may want the standard type with perhaps a bit less stiction.

privateer703

AOF Addict
ok, so maybe I'm not deciphering it correctly, but I think the "W" at the end of KTM model designations is the enduro kit. So 2018 250 XC-W should work correct?

JP racing

ok, so maybe I'm not deciphering it correctly, but I think the "W" at the end of KTM model designations is the enduro kit. So 2018 250 XC-W should work correct?
Fork is probably the same...

I think the only difference between the XC and XC-W is the rear suspension on the W ( woods ) version is a direct swingarm mount and the XC has a linkage.