HadesOmega X Light Bee X Redshift SM39 vs Sierra Nevada Moto Championship Round 2 - Stockton 99 Kart

HadesOmega

I missed the first round at Desert Park Raceway so here we are at the 2nd round which takes place in Stockton, California at the Little 99 Kart Track. I've never raced here before so I made sure and get some good practice and performance testing the day before. This took place on Memorial Day weekend May 25-26, 2024. The first day is open practice and the 2nd day is all asphalt racing. Little 99 is small as the name implies one lap is roughly 30 seconds. It's almost like a big oval. Should be interesting! For practice I was doing 12 minute practices to see how each battery would do. I have the 3 batteries for the Light Bee and obviously only one in the Redshift. I can do roughly 19 laps in 12 minutes. If the bikes can handle that they can handle the races! I'll be racing 65GP, Open Amateur, and SuperMini classes. This track is pretty nice, it has some asphalt pit areas. For events they have a restroom with running water. There are lights for the parking lot. And there is power in the restroom and near the track tower. Best thing of all it's only $30 to practice here! It's also in the city of Stockton so there is civilization not far off if you can call it that. If you don't know Stockton is one of the most dangerous cities in the US to live in.

Flyer for the event
FB_IMG_1716749208169-XL.jpg

Google Earth Map of the track
02-XL.jpg

Bikes loaded up
0525240716_HDR-XL.jpg

Pits all setup
0525240938-XL.jpg
0525241159a-XL.jpg

I found one place I can charge the Redshift at but it's not very close to my pit
0525241756a_HDR-XL.jpg
0525241756_HDR-XL.jpg

Light Bee Practice 1 - This practice we are running 15kw on the EBMX controller and the Litespeed Bikes 32AH battery. This is the battery that has the weak cell. Still trying to figure out this track in this practice.

Alta Redshift SM39 Practice 1 - Not much to say here let it rip at Mode 4

Light Bee Practice 2 - 15KW with the Litespeed Bikes 30AH battery

Alta Redshift SM39 Practice 2

Light Bee Practice 3 - Here we step it up a notch. We're running the new Chi Gladiator 72 Compact battery at 30KW! All that power on this small bike, it's hard to wrangle in those electric horsies!

Light Bee Practice 4 - Here's a quick practice I saw a buncha kids on the track so I wanted to play with them with 30KW!
Sierra Nevada Moto Championship Round 2- Time to Bully Mini Bikes w 30KW Tune! @ Stockton Kart Track

HadesOmega

It's the next day and it's time to qualify. Here they do things a little differently. There is a practice session, qualifying, sprint, and main races. Usually if it is qualifying they do it during the practice but they had a separate practice. Since I got plenty of practice the day before I opted to skip practice and go straight to qualifying to conserve battery power and keep heat down. So today I have back to back to back races. Three races in a row! I'll be racing the Light Bee in 65GP, the Redshift in Open Amateur, and the Light Bee again in SuperMini. The Light Bee has it's work cut out for it. I got steadily slower each qualifying. The last one I was tired already.

65GP Qualifying (P2)

Open Amateur Qualifying (P5)

SuperMini Qualifying (P10) =(

HadesOmega

After the Qualifying sessions are the sprint race, in supermoto we usually call thes heat races. Since the track is so short with nearly half a minute lap time the sprint races were 8 laps and main races were 10 laps. Normally we do 6 and 8 laps.

65GP Sprint Race - This race went pretty much how I expected. With the instant torque of the Light Bee I would get the hole shot but Jordan Sy would probably pass me around the first corner and yeah....

Open Amateur Sprint Race - Time to race the big dogs! It's tough trying to catch up to these 450s the Redshift is just too heavy.

SuperMini Sprint Race - Here we go against the pretty much open mini class. The Light Bee sure is great at the starts going from the back to 3rd at the drop of the flag. It's a tough battle against the 150Rs and Ohvale 190s!

HadesOmega

Right after the sprint races are the main races! For these races we are going to unleash the 30kw of power from the Chi Gladiator 72 Compact battery. At least that's the plan.

65GP Main Race - Unfortunately that 30KW of glory doesn't last long enough to finish the first race :(

Open Amateur Main Race - Hop off the flat Light Bee and onto the Redshift. I get a lucky start...

SuperMini Main Race - With the Light Bee out of the race with a rear flat. I make the decision to either sit this one out or just race with the Redshift since I don't have another bike to ride. GOTTA GET MY MONIE'S WORTH!

HadesOmega

I let my buddy Errol take my Redshift for a ride on the track so you'll get to see what the Redshift looks like on the track and some of his thoughts on riding it. If you watch the Open Amateur main the P1 bike I was chasing for a couple laps was Errol on his FS450.

Open Pro Sprint Race

Open Pro Main Race