For Sale Have Qty 6 New Rapid Charger 2103883-00

bluefxstc

will these work with an A Pack?
Yes, but depending on your FW you may not get full access to all the power the charger can provide. I have used a rapid charger on my EX with no problems and with very early FW, but don't know the charge rate. The bike may have limited the rapid charger to the same charge rate provided by a standard charger.

Jon

Does anyone (like @Rashid510) know if the rapid chargers have a separate AC-DC inverter and DC-DC boost converter for the 350V or whatever voltage goes to the bike?

I've been kicking around the idea of making a battery pack generator replacement, but haven't wanted to tear apart my perfectly good rapid charger to do it. High power inverters are available online but seem sketchy, and these seem like they might be a better donor option.

bluefxstc

Does anyone (like @Rashid510) know if the rapid chargers have a separate AC-DC inverter and DC-DC boost converter for the 350V or whatever voltage goes to the bike?

I've been kicking around the idea of making a battery pack generator replacement, but haven't wanted to tear apart my perfectly good rapid charger to do it. High power inverters are available online but seem sketchy, and these seem like they might be a better donor option.
I looked into using a battery pack to power a standard charger, but don't think it is possible and don't know about a rapid charger. The Power Factor Correction (PFC) circuitry, from what I have been able to learn, references the AC input voltage and without it will not operate. I haven't tried it, or looked at a schematic to confirm it. Additionally, the rapid charger maybe completely different so what I learned about the standard charger may not be applicable.

The problem you will encounter with trying to use a different charger is providing the CAN signals that the bike is looking for. There is two way communication between the bike and charger. Without the proper signals, neither will operate. I am not a computer guy, but I think the programming is relatively simple, but you will need to have a small computer module in the circuit to provide what the bike needs and read what the bike provides,

Top Bottom