Information on the total number of Alta that were built?

hightechnature

I am looking for information on the total number of Alta's built over the company's history. This data will be helpful to understand the level of support that we can field for replacement parts and updates. More bikes means that there will be a market for someone to custom build spare parts. I am riding a 2019 EXR and the serial number is 227. My understanding from other posts on AOF is that the EXR 2019 series started their serial numbers at 100 -making mine the 127th of my model and year. Anyone from Alta aware of the production volumes? If not, what are the highest serial numbers by model and year? Thanks.

hightechnature

Thanks for the fast response OneLapper. I was hoping for higher numbers. If there were 1000 motorcycles produced they had approximately $13M in gross sales spread over 3 years. According to Crunchbase which tracks investments in start-ups, Alta went through $42M in investment money. The product they developed and the industry impact they created with $42M is impressive any way you look at it. It is a tough market to break into.

BTW, I recommend you keep the water pump.

Mark911

What does gross sales have to do with providing a secondary source for parts, wouldn't you just need the unit sale numbers to determine demand (if any)? The bikes were expensive relatively speaking, but not enough to skew any forecasting model based on this market. Parts is parts.

hightechnature

Hi Mark911. I agree with your comment that that the gross sales figures don't indicate the size of the Alta market. I was just posting the gross sales estimate as a matter of interest. I live in the start-up world and was impressed that Alta did what they did with $42M in investment financing. Parts are parts -like you said.

hightechnature

Hi Schwankl, You are a smart guy. Unfortunately for the AOF team, Pre-Switch needs to stay focused on the larger EV and industrial inverter markets. Our technology would benefit our Alta's with extend range, more torque, more HP all while cooling both battery and motor. The Pre-Switch tech team all want to do a tear down on my bike. I just want to ride it -for now. Really bummed Alta went out of business. We would like to buy their motor test systems and a few motors for our lab.
pre-switch alta inverters - where do i sign up?

Butch

Poseur
I heard 800 to 1200, so 1000 is a pretty good guess. It's pretty funny that it is ambiguous.

Welcome aboard! Did you get an Alta? I just got a second one, and EX with a plate. We must ride.

hightechnature

I am looking for a riding partner and would enjoy meeting up. Just got my motorcycle trailer delivered today from our place in Texas. No plates on my EXR yet or green stickers. Can you think of any place to ride this weekend. I am going to the supercross Saturday night. Sunday would be good. Spoke with an Alta senior manager yesterday. He said the total number build including all prototypes is around 800-900 with 900 being a likely being a stretch.

Tuner

Hollister will likely allow you to temporarily ride your Alta there minus a plate and / or green sticker. We did an awful lot of testing @ Hollister, even loaning bikes out to the rangers on duty. Same is true of Carnegie and Metcalf.

hightechnature

Hollister will likely allow you to temporarily ride your Alta there minus a plate and / or green sticker. We did an awful lot of testing @ Hollister, even loaning bikes out to the rangers on duty. Same is true of Carnegie and Metcalf.
THanks Turner! I am in for Sunday.

Tuner

It's not a guarantee. That said, they know the product and pretty much treated Alta crew as royalty. If you explain that you only recently acquired the motorcycle, it would really surprise me if they did not allow you to pay your five dollars and ride.