Interesting way to haul your Altas

Silenthorse

Traffic makes room a lot quicker when I'm on the SMR 510 with the full Leo Vince TI. Clutch in and blip to red line's the best horn I've ever found😜😂

Judaslefourbe

Took the Alta out for a little woods day. I found a little mud, a little snow, a little ice. I'm really glad I put on the Trellies before I went.
So I am guessing it is close to 0c since it's snowing. How do you feel the bike handles in that cold temperature? Do you "warm" it up before you ride?

Trialsman

It was right around freezing that day and hasn't gone up any this week. I keep the bike in a heated shop but to load it on the truck, drive to the trails, unload, and gear up, it was maybe two hours where it sat at that temp. No problem starting and no "warm up". No unusual sounds as some have heard. Seemed to have full power- map 1 & 2, although it was ridiculously gooy muddy conditions. I didn't want excessive wheelspin on the off cambers but the studs worked really well for grip, even on ice. Suspension was not nearly as compliant as normal and was a little harsh on the square edgers. That might have been more accurately associated with the stiff Trelleborgs and the 12#f/10#r pressures. I got lazy and left it on the truck overnight before cleaning. I thought I might have a problem starting and running back to the shop but did not. I did not charge it right away once inside so I can't comment on that variable.