Inverter Overheating?

skomarmy

I rode my stsrk in 40hp mode with 60 re-gen for about an hour on tight hilly single track. Went from 100% to 80% battery.
At about 45 minutes the bike turned off and said Inverter Overheating - would not turn on for about 5 minutes. After cool down o was able to ride the rest of the way back to the truck. Anyone else had this fault? Was it possibly from too much re-gen? Supposed to go on a longer ride next weekend and don’t want to get stranded or break the bike..

AL_V

I rode my stsrk in 40hp mode with 60 re-gen for about an hour on tight hilly single track. Went from 100% to 80% battery.
At about 45 minutes the bike turned off and said Inverter Overheating - would not turn on for about 5 minutes. After cool down o was able to ride the rest of the way back to the truck. Anyone else had this fault? Was it possibly from too much re-gen? Supposed to go on a longer ride next weekend and don’t want to get stranded or break the bike..
Not normal, I use more regen and never had any problems.
Email Stark support.

skomarmy

So, they said they think it is one of the sensors on the powertrain (motor) and they are going to send me a whole new one to replace the powertrain entirely. Thanks for the help.

skomarmy

Possibly- I assume it is like everything else the people have seen go wrong- a loose connection, etc. I did see a powertrain on Ebay for $3500 today.
Im more concerned with the hours that it will take me to disassemble and reassemble the bike. The motor is essentially the last thing you can remove based on the video they sent me..

Beagle

Possibly- I assume it is like everything else the people have seen go wrong- a loose connection, etc. I did see a powertrain on Ebay for $3500 today.
Im more concerned with the hours that it will take me to disassemble and reassemble the bike. The motor is essentially the last thing you can remove based on the video they sent me..
FYI $3500 is the powertrain price if you buy it from Stark.

Theo

So after it's out of warrantee and this happens, we have to buy a whole new powertrain?
I hope and I expect that we will be able to ship the powertrain to them, get it fixed and get it shipped back to us for a price much lower than the price of a new one.