Josh Hill's Oregon Riding Compound - Some Alta content.

F451

A recent video tour of Josh Hill's riding compound in Oregon. Looks killer. Some misc Alta content sprinkled in (2:40 mark and a couple other times).

Dude can ride (recently qualified for the mains in a few SX races as a short notice fill in rider). Amazes me how fast he is in the trees.

Philip

Administrator
Staff member
Josh Hill got injured last month. He will have have to take some time off from racing to recover.

I am sure Stark is not happy about that, as Josh is one of their two pro test riders and also the most well-known electric dirt bike fan and racer.

F451

Maybe he would like to bring a Stark to the 24 Hours of Starvation Ridge to race with some Altas this year? Race is Oct 29 & 30 and draws about 500 riders each year. :ricky:
I called and spoke to Josh Hill's dad last summer (I think it was), real nice guy. I invited Josh to join the Alta team for last years 24 Hour at Starvation Ridge race. His dad liked the idea, told me to send an email with the details, that he would mention it to Josh. I sent the email and never heard back.

I'll reach out again soon, maybe with more notice, and a Stark Varge hopefully being in Josh's hands by then (and in other people's hands), he'd get in on the fun.

I think it would be a great promotional thing for Stark, with minimal effort they could produce a really cool video, would open a lot of minds to the capabilities of the Stark Varge (assuming it does reasonably well with range & performance).

Philip

Administrator
Staff member
I am itching to race on an all-electric 24-hour team again. The East Coast team has been slacking off for the last two years. Maybe I should join the West Coast team? Pack my motovan, if the gas prices come down, or tow a bike trailer behind my Model Y, LOL!

I wish... it is 2,300 miles or 34 hours of driving from Michigan. That's $1,300 just in gas for the round-trip and a whole week of long-distance driving. When are they going to make corporate jets that are actually affordable? :ROFLMAO:

bluefxstc

I am itching to race on an all-electric 24-hour team again. The East Coast team has been slacking off for the last two years. Maybe I should join the West Coast team? Pack my motovan, if the gas prices come down, or tow a bike trailer behind my Model Y, LOL!

I wish... it is 2,300 miles or 34 hours of driving from Michigan. That's $1,300 just in gas for the round-trip and a whole week of long-distance driving. When are they going to make corporate jets that are actually affordable? :ROFLMAO:
If you can make it, you, and everyone else with an electric off road motorcycle, are absolutely welcome and encouraged to attend. Maybe you could carpool with a couple of other Alta owners to share the costs? Model Y sounds cool. Arrive with an electric bike in an electric car. :cool:

Philip

Administrator
Staff member
Too bad this Auto Train option only goes between VA and FL. It used to go across the country at one point, I think.

Cool. At least a few DC politicians are very happy now that they can travel to their vacation homes cheaply and in comfort. But the California politicians have failed even at that, LOL! It was more tempting to just steal the money instead of building their own railroad.

F451

It would be awesome to have him there and you are right, 15-17 mile motocross lap with 500+ riders, it would really show what a Stark can do to a lot of riders. Let me know if there is anything I can do to help.
Thanks, I'll keep you posted if anything develops.

Another option if the Stark Varge is in customer hands by then is to put together a Stark Varge team, with or without Hill's and/or Stark Varge corporate involvement. Piggy back on the Alta boys knowledge and experience for the 24 hour race. Have some Altas out there again, some Stark Varges, would be super fun. Might even have to come out and see the excitement for myself.

Anyway, I'll keep you posted.

F451

Come on out! As the youngsters say: YOLO!

Lots of beautiful national parks and riding areas between here and there. Would be an epic trip.