Just a reminder about our bikes

Jon

They are great.

I haven't been able to ride for a few months, but finally got out on novice moto track this weekend with my EX... and wow, I love this bike!

Before my few month hiatus, I had been riding my Alta pretty exclusively, so was much more focused on the fault/flaws that I've been working on. However this weekend, I got to ride a brand new bone stock WR250F as well as my bike on a pretty mellow track. The WR is a lovely bike that anyone would lucky to have, but getting back on my Alta was eye opening. All the little nit-picking issues that I've been focused on for months melted away, and all I could concentrate on was how simultaneously savage and smooth the power is, and what a joy it is to ride without worrying about gears. Fell in love all over again.

Our bikes are the best, and I wish everyday that Alta/Faster Faster could have continued. Enjoy your machine.

PS I was unfortunately reminded that Yamaha still makes the best suspension in the world, and my disgust with WP 4CS (even with the Alta moto team suggested valving and spring rates) forks/shocks is well deserved. That WR with poorly set sag and no adjustment to clickers was still a better moto suspension than my highly worked WP setup :(

Fourth_Floor

After working with two different suspension companies, Lainer was able to completely figure the suspension out on my Alta. If you want absolute top notch suspension on your Alta, send your forks and shock to Lainer and have the Epica's installed in the forks and your shock set up by them. Worth every penny. I cannot praise that company enough for how awesome the suspension on my Alta is.

Onto your original point though, yeah these bikes are amazing. I was a huge fan of the KTM 520SX's. Absolutely loved those bikes and felt extremely comfortable and confident on them. I got to ride one again last summer and it felt like a dinosaur compared to my Alta haha

Philip

Administrator
Staff member
After working with two different suspension companies, Lainer was able to completely figure the suspension out on my Alta. If you want absolute top notch suspension on your Alta, send your forks and shock to Lainer and have the Epica's installed in the forks and your shock set up by them. Worth every penny. I cannot praise that company enough for how awesome the suspension on my
Found your suspension thread update. Thank for posting the details!