Kick stand catch/hook

snydes

Staff member
Can someone with a kickstand bike post a picture of how the strap/catch or whatever it’s called is mounted?

Thanks guys!

privateer703

AOF Addict
Actually, it would help me if you could take a picture of the kickstand spring arrangement. Trying to figure out how to use a KTM OEM kickstand, except it has the spring mount on the outer surface of the kickstand vice the Alta's in the inner surface.

privateer703

AOF Addict
It's pretty much what I thought, however I don't see what the smaller spring is used for (Spring on the right in this MXR Kickstand thread). Now that I look at the pic a little more, it looks like the little spring nested inside the bigger spring? How does the arm off the spring linkage work with the posts sticking off the back of the bracket? I imagine this changes which spring takes more tension maybe?

snydes

Staff member
I have the Alta installation manual at home. I’ll try and post some pictures of it tonight. The little spring does nest in the big one.

privateer703

AOF Addict
I've been using that thread where I could, however the 2015 OEMKTM kickstand has the spring post on the outside of the kickstand. This makes finding a mount for the spring a little difficult. I might try drilling and tapping the kickstand on the inner surface to try and replicate the Alta configuration.

allesad

Can you let me know which 2015 KTM OEM Kickstand you are attempting to use on your ALTA (P/N?).

My MX needs a kickstand. Looking for any non-ALTA success story.

privateer703

AOF Addict
2015 KTM 250XC Kickstand

The pivot bushing fits the Alta bracket, even if there is a little extra play. It's the correct height, and when in position works just fine. It just has a different spring arrangement. I haven't tried drilling it yet to see if I can tap it and move the spring onto the backside.

Mikorp

I've been using that thread where I could, however the 2015 OEMKTM kickstand has the spring post on the outside of the kickstand. This makes finding a mount for the spring a little difficult. I might try drilling and tapping the kickstand on the inner surface to try and replicate the Alta configuration.
9154B992-3745-4823-A112-33EC755195F1.png
Anyone know if the right peg/kickstand bracket is KTM or an original design? Thanks for your help!