Ktm Freeride E charging

Bionicman

E powertrain proponent
Has anyone used one of these successfully to charge their bike more conveniently?

Questioning if charger uses single(European) or two phase (USA) 230v input?🤷‍♂️

ELC T-5000+ 5000-Watt Voltage Converter Transformer - Step Up/Down - 110V/220V - Circuit Breaker Protection Heavy Duty [3-Years Warranty] https://a.co/d/hPhjqLP

C5tor

Chief Comedic Instigator
I know a few forum members have freerides, so maybe they can comment.

But these guys certainly made it work from a dryer outlet. Wish they would have given a few more details, though.

Rocketz152

I charge mine form a 220v outlet in my garage and a 6500 watt generator while at the track. Would be awesome to plug into 110 at the track and charge for free lol.

Bionicman

E powertrain proponent
Yeah local stealership has a good deal on a few leftover free rides. Or reason I haven’t done a free ride before is the charging is snafu just curious if any for members with free rides I’ve tried one of the voltage converters to get the standard 110v?

ozzey92

The ELC T-5000+ 5000-Watt Voltage Converter Transformer is designed to convert both single phase (European) and two phase (USA) 230v input to either 110V or 220V, making it a versatile choice for charging your motorcycle. The transformer also features circuit breaker protection and comes with a 3-year warranty.

I dont have much knowledge as i am a new rider but As for whether or not it has been successfully used by other motorcycle owners, it would be best to check with the manufacturer or on product review websites to see if there have been any reported issues or concerns with using this product to charge a motorcycle. Additionally, it's important to ensure that the voltage output and wattage of the converter are compatible with the charging requirements of your motorcycle.

smdub

Would be nice to charge the freeride on 110 on standard. It's only 10 amps.
I'd have to measure mine again but I thought it was about 12A. But thats at 240V. = 2.88kW

At 120V though an autotransformer that would be 24A. You could use a 30A RV outlet through an autotransformer but there aren't any typical household outlets over 20A that I can think of. Anything like an oven / dryer / garage welder etc are all already 240V.

Though if you have a 30A RV plug (which is just 120V), you may also have a 50A RV plug available which is also 240V. Thats how I've charged at campgounds. I just reserve a spot w/ a 50A RV service.

I've made adapters from just about every NEMA receptacle I've run into and just keep them w/ the charger.

Bionicman

E powertrain proponent
I'd have to measure mine again but I thought it was about 12A. But thats at 240V. = 2.88kW

At 120V though an autotransformer that would be 24A. You could use a 30A RV outlet through an autotransformer but there aren't any typical household outlets over 20A that I can think of. Anything like an oven / dryer / garage welder etc are all already 240V.

Though if you have a 30A RV plug (which is just 120V), you may also have a 50A RV plug available which is also 240V. Thats how I've charged at campgounds. I just reserve a spot w/ a 50A RV service.

I've made adapters from just about every NEMA receptacle I've run into and just keep them w/ the charger.
110v is the standard outlet in the US available almost anywhere. KTM seriously dropped the ball with this one..🙄