mechanics that work on Alta Elect. Probs. near Portland, Or.

makaiman

Does anyone know of mechanic or shop that can hook up Alta's to the computer to figure out electrical probs... codes.... to fix them near or west of Portland, Oregon? Just called shop closest to my house, and they said they can not do that there... Thanks!

makaiman

Call me. I'm in Portland. Greg 503 287 3628
Hi Greg! Thanks and Merry Christmas! I am supposed to buy a Alta, but it has code 36!!! the bike is said to run same as new, and battery charges just fine! Been reading all i can about it on here, and it is making me think i should not buy it!?! I asked in another post if anyone makes replacement batteries, in a worst case scenario, and a nice guy that used to work for Alta said, "no one makes replacement batteries for Alta's"??? Not an exact quote. He did say, that a battery with a code 36 can be fixed though. So, i am wondering if a bike with code 36 can always be fixed, and if so, what price range would it be to fix it? Perhaps hard to say!?! Thanks in advance for any advice!!!

standbyu

Hi Greg! Thanks and Merry Christmas! I am supposed to buy a Alta, but it has code 36!!! the bike is said to run same as new, and battery charges just fine! Been reading all i can about it on here, and it is making me think i should not buy it!?! I asked in another post if anyone makes replacement batteries, in a worst case scenario, and a nice guy that used to work for Alta said, "no one makes replacement batteries for Alta's"??? Not an exact quote. He did say, that a battery with a code 36 can be fixed though. So, i am wondering if a bike with code 36 can always be fixed, and if so, what price range would it be to fix it? Perhaps hard to say!?! Thanks in advance for any advice!!!
If you haven't already read through the forum under "Battery Repair", there you will read much regarding code 36. Although I have the Alta multitool all I would do is capture screenshots from multitool to forward to one of the "braintrust" group members here for advice/repair. I don't want to do disassembly and bonding repair of cells that code 36 usually indicates.

standbyu

By the way, I have 2 I would consider selling in Portland here.

makaiman

If you haven't already read through the forum under "Battery Repair", there you will read much regarding code 36. Although I have the Alta multitool all I would do is capture screenshots from multitool to forward to one of the "braintrust" group members here for advice/repair. I don't want to do disassembly and bonding repair of cells that code 36 usually indicates.
By the way, I have 2 I would consider selling in Portland here.

makaiman

You do!?! Let me send u a personal message on here if i can figure it out!?! Ok. sent u a personal message on here. Hope i did it correctly! lol Please let me know if i did it wrong, and u did not get it, when u get a chance. Thanks!

makaiman

Thanks so much again for the reply!!! I have been searching the site for "code 36", studying for hours on end...!!! lol Now, concerning that bike, and others might like to know as well, now and in the future! I am trying to find out. Does anyone know if this code 36 problem can ALWAYS be fixed? Who or what company does this work? And price range it might cost? Especially worst case scenario? Since i do not yet own this bike, I am in a different position than others that own a bike that is showing a code 36. Hence the question, "Can a bike with a code 36 ALWAYS be fixed?". If I was to buy it, and then it can not be fixed. I would be in a terrible situation at some point perhaps. The seller, says that it might be an error, so to speak, and that the bike might be just fine, not have a code 36 problem at all. He has heard of situations where a bike showed a code 36, but that there was nothing wrong with the bike at all in the end. He thinks that might be the case here, as it runs perfect, and charges perfect! Thanks for any info everyone!!!