MX, EX, SM I’ve had them all…

Butch

Poseur
And they so rock, in different ways.
I bought the EX when things shut down, but was conflicted by the SM… that would be so fun, eh? but, range anxiety.
But hey, I bought SM 0025 as an EX conversion and was relaxed. I rode it first as an EX, then as an a SM. Big fun. Mt Hamilton Road… And yeah, I think I bought the MX before anyone else except Alta005.

The SM… HUGE fun. But I seemed to have sold it to simplify my life.

I miss my MTV, er, my SMEX. Solution is to SM my EX. I am psyched. Wheels are on order…

”I WANT MY SME…”

F451

I've seriously considered setting up my MXR as an SM, its so much fun on the street, even with full knobbies and 21/18 wheels/tires. Decided keeping my license is more important then hooning around on my Alta. Still, it is tempting, Lol.

Butch

Poseur
ah, do it!
I do live at the bottom of a twistie that has only two intersections in 100 miles. Mt Hamilton and mines roads, etc. Bummer is the SM setup only has a range of 40 miles. Fortunately the first 20 miles from my house is uphill (4000 verticle).But hey, i have roadside assistance! Hmmmm... that would be a good BARF thread. "Ever used your AAA Roadside assistance when you ran out of electrons?"

C5tor

Chief Comedic Instigator
ah, do it!
I do live at the bottom of a twistie that has only two intersections in 100 miles. Mt Hamilton and mines roads, etc. Bummer is the SM setup only has a range of 40 miles. Fortunatley the first 20 miles from my house is uphill (4000 verticle).But hey, i have roadside assistance! Hmmmm... that wouldbe a good BARF thread. "Ever used your AAA Roadside assistance when you ran out of electrons?"
Frankly, I think the roadside assistance companies have to start providing options for EVs now that they are becoming popular. It can't just be a gallon of gas and a jump start stuff. They may need to start carrying generators in their trucks, it they are not already.

I know AAA had some charging trucks in some of the larger urban areas on the west coast, but they phased them out in 2019 due to lack of use. It was easier to just tow the car to a real charging location than sit on the side of the road for an hour or more charging the car from a smaller generator.

Motophyllic

I think adapters for various EV makers enabling you to share your charge are going to be common in the future.

Butch

Poseur
And on the SM 025 I had the on board charger had been removed in favor of the other thingy.
yeah, on board has its advantages, but at what cost? Doesn’t AAA have a fast charger for us?

ha I say.

oh, the Smexer is waaaay fun. The 17 wheels are quick in the tight twisties.

(37.3380567, -121.6522329)

Top Bottom