MXR Noise

Marlle

Is it normal that there is noise coming from what I think is the coolerant pump, when turning the bike on?.

And btw, thanks for a awesome forum👍😄.

image.jpg

Marlle

Yes i think it’s coming from the pump, I just think it’s pretty loud🤔. Im
Inside the plummeting business, and it sounds like there’s air in the system.

Unfortunately I can’t seem to add a video where i can display the sound. But again it’s hard to know when I haven’t got any comparison.

Another thing is, when charging with the fast charger will it automatically shut off when the battery is fully charged?

Thanks from a newbie😬

Rashid510

Forum's Sponsor
It will sound loud at "idle" (bike not moving). There is a slight pocket of air but nothing where the coolant system is leaking.

The bike will auto shut off once the pack is fully charged. The instructions are simple and exist in your manual and on the forums in a post (search lol)

1. Plug charger in to DCCP port
2. Hit run switch to 'ON'
3. Confirm GCFI (yellow box) button is pushed.
4. Bike should acknowledge charger and start charging process
5. Key bike to 'OFF' (will turn off screen)
Then bike charging will turn off once charging is done.

Marlle

Believe me, I’m trying to search and soak up as much knowledge in the forum as I can.

It’s has for sure it has helped me find answers to a lot of things👍😊.

More questions to come...lol.

datadog

If the pump is noisy, it's likely cavitating. There is air in the system. Remove the filler cap and add coolant, 50/50 antifreeze. Turn the key on with the cap still off and add more coolant until it is full to the top. Reinstall the cap, follow the torque recommendation which should be written on the cap.

snydes

Staff member
What datadog said (y)

Both of our MXR's I had to add a little coolant a few times until all the air was worked out of the system. I'd be surprised if your bike did not have some air in it's system as well.