New alta mxr owner

Rashid510

Forum's Sponsor
Hey E-Bro,

I have an EX and MX both with A packs, one with a dead DC-DC section.

I am VERY interested in this R pack conversion you have... I think @Rashid510 and I discussed this as a possible solution to A pack problems but I didn't know if it would work, I guess R packs are more readily available.

Out of curiosity do you know which firmware you are using?

An A to R conversion requires a few components.

- R vehicle harness
- R battery
- R HV connections (semi findable)

It also requires a inverter swap on the HVIL (high voltage interlock) to allow this to be possible. @E-Bro Now unless this dealer has done the full swap I would be curious on what they "Offered"

Oded

An A to R conversion requires a few components.

- R vehicle harness
- R battery
- R HV connections (semi findable)

It also requires a inverter swap on the HVIL (high voltage interlock) to allow this to be possible. @E-Bro Now unless this dealer has done the full swap I would be curious on what they "Offered"
We haven't heard much about A packs conversions to R packs.
Based on what Rashid wrote, it is quite an ordeal (only replacing the harness is a pain, not to mention the rest).
I am also curious as to what exactly was done to this bike...

JP racing

Now that we have totally hijacked this thread:

I think swapping an R emblem for the A emblem would be the easiest route, no?:unsure:

But seriously, its an interesting topic to see explained.

AHA! I knew I remembered hearing about that somewhere before!

Here is one marked Vin #032? Supposedly an updated A pack in a case with an R logo?

Sold 2018 EX

I'm assuming it's not the same one, I wonder how many of these might exist?

C5tor

Chief Comedic Instigator
Well, it’s not like the badge is the only external difference between the two packs. The top of the battery is different. The A-pack has slanted connectors, while the R-pack has vertical connectors. The R-pack also has those little reinforcement ribs around the perimeter of the top lid.

1664848243927.jpeg

JP racing

Well, it’s not like the badge is the only external difference between the two packs. The top of the battery is different. The A-pack has slanted connectors, while the R-pack has vertical connectors.

Thread hijack complete… I will have to PM the OP and apologize.

You can see in the posting I linked above the battery has an R logo and the slanted connector on top. So as claimed in the listing… that one appears to be an A pack with an R logo.

I wonder if @E-Bro has the same thing… just a logo swap. When he posts it for sale we can see maybe.

I don’t suppose it really matters, you just want to know which it actually is. I’m skeptical that there would be any advantage to changing it to an R pack anyway. Other than parts availability… which I’m not sure is any better.