Sold Oset 24r 2020 for sale $2900

danthuente

Hello

I have very lightly used 2020 Oset 24r. $2900. It was a covid purchase that was never used as much as I wanted. It's a great bike that was only used around our yard.
I bet the battery wasn't even charged 20 times. It was never ridden in the rain or mud or cold. The battery was always stored indoors. The bike is located in Northern Michigan.
Currently I am only interested in local pick up, but that could change if there is minimal local interest. Thanks for reading and I hope this bike can find a home soon.

oset1.jpg

oset2.jpeg

oset3.jpeg

danthuente

Hi,
Yes, I'll try to do the best I can. riding one is the best way to see how much fun they are.... I'll post a link to the website below as well.
I bought this for myself 6'1" 210 lbs and my three sons 14,16,18 (now all two years older) in 2020. I was interested in learning trials riding and I researched that this was a great way to practice without buying a much more expensive gas or electric trials motorcycle. I've been told the Oset 24r is like 7/8 size of a full trials bike. It is much lighter, which was a joy both to ride and store. It fits in my wife's minivan (2016 Toyota) without taking the handlebars off. (We took it out on some state trails one time). The beauty of these bikes is that they are utterly silent. The neighbor kids RC car is louder. We could ride it on the driveway, and in the woods in the back yard without any complaints. You can see some of the steps and ramps that we road on in the back of one of the pictures.
there is plenty of power even for me both uphills and on flats. The ability to adjust speed, torque, and power is really nice. The four us riding were never able to have the battery get run down. We would typically ride after dinner and take turns. Our bodies wore out before the bike did. I've been told the battery will last 2-3 hours depending.
In the end, the boys aged out of their interest with college, and other sports, but they improved their riding skills. I had a medical issue develop that necessitates me limiting my "bouncing" and "jumping" activities, so trials riding is not a good idea.

There is one small scratch on the handlebars but otw almost mint. We have to many sports and hobbies and it never was ridden enough. hence the reason for selling.
I'm a fanatic about batteries and it was always stored inside at 65-75 degree temps. I would typically charge it every 6-8 weeks during the winter season.

One final positive is maintenance. It is super easy. I little chain lube hear and there. The chain tension has stayed perfect. I did do a rebleed on the brakes once.
(home kits allow you to easily do the brakes yourself, or any bicycle shop could do it as well. )

Weaknesses: the brakes are a little weak as they are heavy duty down hill mtb brakes. The tires are pretty stiff rubber. There are after market accessories that I never bought but did investigate. You can get a seat. I have seen a "clutch" conversion kit. (it has no clutch). Many people upgrade their springs to a heavy duty spring, but the stock spring is plenty stiff for me. The are people on the FB Oset page that will sell you upgraded batteries.

Overall: I am really glad we bought it. We've had fun, but like many things life changes and it's time to move on.
Let me know if you want more information.

Top Bottom