Price increase 1k

Bionicman

E powertrain proponent
If you do not already have your order in the price just went up 1000 bucks per email from Stark

Chadx

That is correct. First class way for Stark to handle it. They must have learned a lesson from the poor way Rivian handled it. This notice gave eveyone a few days to get off the fence and order at the original price or choose to wait and pay the updated price at a later date.
And, nice that all of us with orders in already realized a $1,000 of value. Ha.

Dirt-E

Darn... looks like I missed the window. Just got my EXR fixed so I wasn't sure if I was going to order one. What's the delivery schedule looking like?

Chadx

An order submitted today (June 04, 2022) has an estimated delivery date of August 15, 2023. You can go to the Stark futures website and click "Order Now" and it will list the current estimated delivery date before you even choose options. Choosing options does not change the estimated delivery date.

Bionicman

E powertrain proponent
My order is sceduled for May 2023 delivery - I fully expect it to be early like February or March 2023 - with the economy I expect a significant amount of order holders to back out...

Johnny Depp

My order is sceduled for May 2023 delivery - I fully expect it to be early like February or March 2023 - with the economy I expect a significant amount of order holders to back out...
Anybody that backs out is a fool, I would gladly offer a premium to take someone's place in line.

Chadx

Exactly. Those of us that ordered a couple bikes, spread out over time so we could take delivery of whichever one worked best with our timeline, will be in good shape. I'll accept whichever one of mine works out the best timewise and sell the other one for whatever the current price is at the time which will work out good for me yet still be a great deal for the buyer since they will get it for the going price but a year earlier than if they ordered at the time.

Johnny Depp

Exactly. Those of us that ordered a couple bikes, spread out over time so we could take delivery of whichever one worked best with our timeline, will be in good shape. I'll accept whichever one of mine works out the best timewise and sell the other one for whatever the current price is at the time which will work out good for me yet still be a great deal for the buyer since they will get it for the going price but a year earlier than if they ordered at the time.
I'm your Huckleberry :)

Bionicman

E powertrain proponent
It’s one thing to plop a hunderd but another thing to cough up 13-14k…

Chadx

It’s one thing to plop a hunderd but another thing to cough up 13-14k…
Definitely. However, all reserved bikes will easily sell, be that to the original order placer, or to someone they transfer their order to, especially in a situation where their order price was $1,000 cheaper than current MSRP plus was placed a long time ago resulting in a much earlier build date than someone just hearing about these bikes now. Reduced wait time has real world value so anyone that decides to cancel rather than transfer is giving up the opportunity to sell that "wait time" value and the value of the price increase, which I think was the point JD was making.

Chadx

Interesting. They must have changed their tune as before they had mentioned transfers. If that is the case, then the two options are cancellation or purchase-and-sell.

Stark told me this AM they don't support order transfers to another person.
Yes. I wonder if the 2-year warranty's transferable in a resale (didn't see it mentioned in the terms & conditions).

That's very interesting...

So, the only way to go would be wait for someone who has pre-ordered one and wants out for what ever reason, and do a deal with them to still buy the bike but you just have it when it's there (If you know the person and trust them etc etc, ob not a total stranger!).

But then, as you say, what happens to the warranty?. same would go for if the original person who buys the bike wants to sell it in the 2yrs.....what then?.

Top Bottom