Alta Range Anxiety

Butch

Poseur
I look at everything I can with humor. And there is always a good side.
This made me laugh; it was no big deal.
I rode up Hamilton yesterday and turned around about a mile from the top at just less than half indicated charge. That ride (to the top, turnaround) is 20 miles and 4000 vertical. I did not quite make it home.
Close but... The last quarter mile is about 300 vertical uphill.
The EXSM went into blinkymode about three miles from home. Almost home, it went into limp mode then 50 yards later then it was it was no go.
I found a good driveway, met some neighbors, parked the bike, walked home and got the truck. It was amusing. Neighbors were cool.

I looked at the odo. 29 miles. I am not sure it was fully charged, though it shut off automatically. I think more testing is required. i better go for a ride.

Now.

leeo45

Geezer in denial
..... i better go for a ride.

Now.

Did you make it back home? Without walking?

And yes, I have range anxiety any time I ride one of my ALTAs; even if it isn't really warranted on that particular ride. I don't ride MX or on a track so I am typically many miles from home base. I am constantly watching "the bars". I have only hit blinky-mode a few times and so far I have always made it back. I also have tow straps ty-wrapped to the forks on both bikes to ward off Murphy's Law of EVs.

Redwolf

My dog thinks I'm cool
Well, not really any more. I have done enough riding with the bike now that I know what it can do under various conditions. About the only time I have any concerns about range is when I am exploring a new trail and don't really know how long it is, when it may be many miles longer than expected. Any time I am riding close to home on the trails I am familiar with, I have no concerns whatsoever.