Rekluse Left Hand Rear Brake kit

Monza

Hi all,
i'm french and i'm buying WoodsWeapon Redshift EXR 2019 at the moment to import it in France.
This forum, that i read since 2 months, is an incredible source of knowledge, you make a great work guies, many thanks !(y)(y)
I'm interested in the Rekluse kit (to have both Left Hand and Right Foot rear brake) and have some questions :
Is it this kit ?
LEFT HAND REAR BRAKE KIT | Rekluse
Do you know the reference number of this kit so that i can order it with no mystake ?
Can we control (with eye) the fluid level in the small capacity on the master cylinder or do we have to open it to control ?

thank you for your help.

Philip

Administrator
Staff member
Welcome to the owners club!

You link is not application specific. You should pick a KTM LHRB, they only have one model, I think.

There is no sight glass in the left hand master cylinder. I think you just fill it full, and hope any extra will leak out on its own. You can test if it will by prying apart the brake pads with a screwdriver.

Oded

The Alta rekluse kit is the same as KTM, however, rekluse do call it "Alta kit". So, if you order directly from them, just ask for the Alta kit.
It works well, you will like it.

Congrat on the new bike.

WoodsWeapon

Theres no need for the Rekluse kit, as the parts Im sending you has everything needed and keeps the foot brake.

privateer703

AOF Addict
I just installed the Rekluse LHRB and upon my first attempt bleeding the system the lever felt spongy. It definitely doesn't seem to generate as much pressure as the right hand brake. Is this common? I'm going to re-bleed these since I am changing out the banjo bolt for ones with switches as I make the conversion from MX to EX. Also it seems that with this kit you can't take the foot lever off even if you wanted to. If anyone has the same issue with the lever feeling a bit soft let me know.

Philip

Administrator
Staff member
I used earlier model Rekluse brakes, and I currently have the DIY Brembo clutch setup. The rear brake always seems to be about 50% more spongy than the front.

I tried vacuum bleeding in the past, and the results were about the same as if I just bled it well without using vacuum.

I wonder what those with OEM Alta LHRB are experiencing. I should have tested the @Butch's Alta brake setup when I had a chance.

OneLapper

"You don't *really* need the water pump...."
Forum's Sponsor
No spongy feeling on my DYI Brembo clutch set up. But, it was a real bitch to bleed. Try removing the plastic cap inside the reservoir and laying the bike on it's right side overnight. Before picking the bike up, cycle the brake lever a bunch of times. Pull bike upright, reinstall plastic cover inside reservoir, done. Hopefully it's better. This worked for me.

Philip

Administrator
Staff member
Interesting. Are you saying that your left lever now has the same stiffness as the right?

I might try laying the bike on its side overnight, but I do not think that the bubbles would travel up by themselves over time. Or would they??

I also thought about making a Brembo master cylinder cover adapter with a nipple for vacuum bleeding from the top. Maybe I will make it, if a better bleeding can indeed improve the LHRB lever feel.

privateer703

AOF Addict
I've got a piece of wire hanging the lever as high as I could so the line is as vertical as I can get it. I keep tapping all the parts, trying to get air bubbles to move up the line. I didn't try removing the plastic cover, I'll try that. Btw, which brembo clutch did you use? A quick search and I found 3 different ones, RCS14 / RCS16 / RCS19. Not sure what the differences is though. Just wondering if the piston on the brembo clutch is bigger than the rekluse.

Philip - I haven't messed with the front brake yet, it's pretty solid, but I'm replacing the banjo bolt with a switch banjo bolt, so I'll have to bleed those as well.

OneLapper

Forum's Sponsor
Interesting. Are you saying that your left lever now has the same stiffness as the right?

Yes, pretty damn close. I think the difference is the length of the hoses that inevitably expand, thus add a bit of lever travel.

OneLapper

Forum's Sponsor
I've got a piece of wire hanging the lever as high as I could so the line is as vertical as I can get it. I keep tapping all the parts, trying to get air bubbles to move up the line. I didn't try removing the plastic cover, I'll try that. Btw, which brembo clutch did you use? A quick search and I found 3 different ones, RCS14 / RCS16 / RCS19. Not sure what the differences is though. Just wondering if the piston on the brembo clutch is bigger than the rekluse.

Philip - I haven't messed with the front brake yet, it's pretty solid, but I'm replacing the banjo bolt with a switch banjo bolt, so I'll have to bleed those as well.

The Brembo clutch master cylinder I used has a 9mm bore, identical to what Alta uses.

I found that the plastic cover inside the reservoir trapped the air in the machined ports for the brake fluid. The holes in the cover are not large enough to let the air escape easily.

Oded

My Rekluse LHRB does feel a bit spongy, and do not have the same bite as the front brake.
However, I can still lock the rear wheel quite easily.
There is a dial to change its sensitivity or something, try playing with it.