Repeating click noise under power

B37

Hey guys, any of you get a click click click under power that the frequency follows speed. Maybe two per second on average 20ft out of a corner on straights. It has come and gone for about a year, and was normally towards the end of the day, but this yesterday was there all day.
thanks!

Redwolf

My dog thinks I'm cool
I get what you're describing on my bike, coming from the chain. I can make it a little quieter for a while by putting a fresh dose of chain lube on, but by the end of the ride, it gets louder again.

wwmotors

Hey guys, any of you get a click click click under power that the frequency follows speed. Maybe two per second on average 20ft out of a corner on straights. It has come and gone for about a year, and was normally towards the end of the day, but this yesterday was there all day.
thanks!
I have the same sound: it is the chain. There is a harder section, which dos not run quite straight. When it enteres the front sprocket, I hear it clicking. Lubricating helps!

B37

+1. I've got the OEM Regina with 2 D.I.D. 520NZ master links and NZ link between, there's a pretty loud click each revolution. I'd probably never have noticed on an ICE bike. :)
Haha makes sense, but can be unnerving when approaching large jumps wide open and thinking 🤔 wonder what that is?

The Swede

Check your primary gear bolt for proper torque.

Here a video with primary gear noise when gear is loose.

primary gear Noise after proper torque.
Is it somewhere possible to get new gasket for the transmission cover? I guess it should be replaced when lifting the lid? Or is it fine to re-use it?

The Swede

thanks!
Hi,
I had a similar thing. And it came suddenly, from one day to the next I had a mechanical knocking sound coming from around where the front sprocket is. It was not loud, but enough enervating to make me stop 5 times during the first training round to check oil level, rolling the bike around back and forth to understand where the noise might come from. It was always sounding when on the throttle, and even louder when off the throttle!
An oil change, new chain and sprocket did not help at all.

What it was? It turned out that there was a quite big ”notch” or uneven spot on the upper chain slider that created the noise when the chain slid over it. I cut away some plastic and smoothed the area out, and violá - again silence! (It was the aftermarket hotfootmoto slider, not the original)
On a gas bike I would probably never have noticed it, but on an Alta silent assassin it is nerve wracking! 😁