Replacement Display

John Lindemann

Replacement Display

I hit a tree and busted the LCD on the display. $399.64 for a replacement unit. OUCH! Anyone have any ideas on an alternate way to read out the Battery capacity? That and the green blinker are really all I need to see. Anyone have a display they want to sell?

Mark911

Does the bike function properly with the display disconnected? I'd check my bike but my pack is torn apart right now.

Fod

I remember seeing this video
and at 36-38 second mark you can see the lcd screen broke. I asked to see what the price of a replacement screen was and cant find the response I got but it was not more then $200! I would ask again or find out from another d

Reactions: Rix

John Lindemann

Display is in "TEST" mode.
I received a replacement display for my 2018 EXR. When I plug it in to the bikes wiring harness it Displays "TEST" all I'm able to do is step through a test sequence that tests all the lights etc. The bike will not go live and run with the display in this "TEST" mode. Anyone got any ideas on how get the display into normal operation?

Silent But Dirty

Alta North
I received a replacement display for my 2018 EXR. When I plug it in to the bikes wiring harness it Displays "TEST" all I'm able to do is step through a test sequence that tests all the lights etc. The bike will not go live and run with the display in this "TEST" mode. Anyone got any ideas on how get the display into normal operation?
I got a replacement a while back, and I think the dealer had to go through a special process. I believe it's more than just a display, and data from the old one needs to be synced to the new one.

Judaslefourbe

The dealer needs to do a firmware update after install.

Rix

Self proclaimed macho man extraordinaire
I remember seeing this video
and at 36-38 second mark you can see the lcd screen broke. I asked to see what the price of a replacement screen was and cant find the response I got but it was not more then $200! I would ask again or find out from another d
Over jumped, epic recovery on landing. DAMN!!!!!

Wnuudiction

I did the same on my ex, bought a new one from Alta because I couldn’t pass safety without the speedo

JcG

Good morning all. I introduce myself quickly I am French and I have a 2016 ALTA redshift. while riding on a fall I broke the screen of the motorcycle. it works but no indication and therefore difficult to manage the battery charge. I am looking for a solution to order a new screen. could you help me. thanks in advance.
Sorry for my english.
Jean-Christophe

JcG

Ok sorry for my english. The question was : have you an ALTA .
What is your model?
Do you have problem with her, batterie,?
Thanks