Screen is black/wont charge.

Dmr123

2018 alta mxr This bike belongs to a 3 wheeler collection and was bought new. It was rode a few times and put on a stand to display. Fast forward to now bike won't charge. Replaced 9v battery with a new energizer one. Still no screen still won't charge. High voltage battery is dead flat. 0v when unplugged and checked with volt meter. My questions are is there any sort of fuse/relay box on this bike? Has anyone had this same issue? Do these require some voltage on the high voltage battery to register the key is on and that the charger is plugged in like cars do? Any information is appreciated. If anyone is interested the collection can be seen at binkysforeveratc.com thanks guys

enjoythesilenc

Hey thats an awesome collection, never knew it existed. Looks like its about 2 hours from me.

There are contactors inside the battery so 0 volts is expected. At least one of us has backfed 12 volts into the system to allow Multitool access to an otherwise dead bike but I'm not sure the scenarios are analogous. I can help with the multitool part of whatever is suggested or required should you need that sort of help.

Rashid510

Forum's Sponsor
2018 alta mxr This bike belongs to a 3 wheeler collection and was bought new. It was rode a few times and put on a stand to display. Fast forward to now bike won't charge. Replaced 9v battery with a new energizer one. Still no screen still won't charge. High voltage battery is dead flat. 0v when unplugged and checked with volt meter. My questions are is there any sort of fuse/relay box on this bike? Has anyone had this same issue? Do these require some voltage on the high voltage battery to register the key is on and that the charger is plugged in like cars do? Any information is appreciated. If anyone is interested the collection can be seen at binkysforeveratc.com thanks guys
Sounds like the top cover board failed. PM sent.

Judaslefourbe

How long has the bike sit idle? Could be dead completely.
It happened to a Tesla Roadster back in the days when someone did the same thing. Had to replace the pack.