Screen protection for SM and all other bikes. Easy install.

Dolphinpeople

Had a lot of projects going and just got around to making this. Not sure if there is any interest.

This is a snap on screen protector that mounts using the two screws on the back of the dash screen. It has a hinged side.

Made of aircraft aluminum and can be powder coated.

Price

$150 each, but for the first group buy if we can secure 10 at a time we can do 120$ and free powder coating.

These will have an etched Alta Logo above the screen and to the side of the screen.
This is not the production model. still tweaking a few things and need confirmation that it will fit on an MX. Pretty sure it will fit all of them, because of the way it mounts and it wont get in the way of steering stabilizers or anything like that.

IMG_2958.JPG

Dolphinpeople

Final will be polished and powder coated. Will post photos of the finished one on a bike tomorrow.
There will be no sharp corners on the final one either.

Dolphinpeople

These have been made by another member ? I got one of the first ones, haven’t installed it yet. Powdered black.

I missed that.
Haven’t been very active in the forum.

This is a bit of a different take on it from that one.
I’ll post pictures when it’s done.
Not trying to compete with anyone supporting these awesome bikes. I see that other one is a nice piece of kit.

Trialsman

While you are still in the prototype stage, you may want to make openings around the perimeter for the green "active state" lights to show through. You can see one way of doing it on my ERX Alta Vault in the "Accessories, Lights, Bling, Plastic" section.

Dolphinpeople

While you are still in the prototype stage, you may want to make openings around the perimeter for the green "active state" lights to show through. You can see one way of doing it on my ERX Alta Vault in the "Accessories, Lights, Bling, Plastic" section.

We don’t have the machinery to make it the same way. We’re working with a plasma cnc table for now. Stuck in 2D until we bend it.

The problem we kept running into is that when making the bend it would tear the aluminum with the slots for the lights On the edge. I felt it decreased the strength of the protection box.
The way we designed it was more like a phone case.
It is hinged on one side with two stainless rivets and then fastened together around the dash with the two bolts you see to the right of the dash. It fits snugly all the way around.

The original dash attachment point is used. We just supply two 1/8” longer bolts to make up for the extra thickness of aluminum behind the dash.

The idea is that in the event of a crash the dash can still easily detach with the bracket, but be completely protected.

The next piece I want to make is some sort of accessory for the case that will protect the cable coming out of the back of the Dash.

You can still see the lights on the corners. And even through the four unlit indicators at the corners.

Potatonet

Is there a small enough gap between the metal and the screen to have a milled piece of plexiglass put into place?

We are replacing a screen on an MXR, working on a new way to mount it so that its not centered over the top of the fork (more like the SM or EXR where it is pushed forward)

This is a clamshell for the whole box correct?

Dolphinpeople

Is there a small enough gap between the metal and the screen to have a milled piece of plexiglass put into place?

We are replacing a screen on an MXR, working on a new way to mount it so that its not centered over the top of the fork (more like the SM or EXR where it is pushed forward)

This is a clamshell for the whole box correct?
Correct. It’s a clamshell for the whole box.

Theee is room for plexieglass.

Dwop777

Had a lot of projects going and just got around to making this. Not sure if there is any interest.

This is a snap on screen protector that mounts using the two screws on the back of the dash screen. It has a hinged side.

Made of aircraft aluminum and can be powder coated.

Price

$150 each, but for the first group buy if we can secure 10 at a time we can do 120$ and free powder coating.

These will have an etched Alta Logo above the screen and to the side of the screen.
This is not the production model. still tweaking a few things and need confirmation that it will fit on an MX. Pretty sure it will fit all of them, because of the way it mounts and it wont get in the way of steering stabilizers or anything like that.

View attachment 3575
I would love to purchase one of these for a 2018 redshift SM

Dolphinpeople

It looks like there were a few of you looking for these. I haven’t been on the forum in a bit.

If I can get a batch order of 10 I will